What are you GAS'ing for at the moment ?

I actually looked at this this AM hoping there might be a T-style available but wasn't too excited with those options.
The specs and hardware are Incredible for $1,000.00 USD, only 1 thing they Skimped on is the Pots and possibly the switch & wiring
which is well not an expensive Upgrade

1682976752547.png

Obsidian Electronics Kit and nothing else left to do

1682977049487.png

Last edited:
Multiple Charvel options for $1000 US, too. Just sayin'. :idk
Yup fo sure But MiM I have One and No Stainless Frets which is a biggie for me and at that price
Its very similar to my DK ProMod 22, but in HH with stainless steel frets , and 24 frets
But its Just GAS i dont really need it :whistle

:D

Last edited:
Yes I use both NYXL and Elixir both Fantastic I do tend to favor the NYXL 9-42 and the Optiwebs in 10
I'm currently using 10's on my Revstar II but I'm gonna string them up with 8-38
I'm sure they will be more Punchy and Mid focused but we shall see :)

Another set i will try if I dont like the 8-38 will be the Hyper Slinky Hybrids

View attachment 6934
That high E on the NYXL set makes me cringe a little.

Even the D'Addario 09-40 balanced set was the first string I've broken in years, Never an issue with 9-42 set. The strings were getting a bit older, the ball end started to unwind and then pop. Sometimes you'll get a warning, when bending the string if you hear it start to go flat during the bend, it's getting close to letting go.

At the moment, literally nothing.
Gotta say, I'm right there with ya.

I'm currently at a place where the fizz I often can't "un-hear" from my high-gain Axe III presets isn't bothering me, and I have many presets I've tweaked, (I always start with a factory preset; don't think I've ever felt the need to start from scratch) that all sound great in different ways, that when I feel like a different sound, I just change the channel.

For effects, with what's in the AF3, I can't imagine ever gas'ing for them. Unless one day I decide I wanna go back to pedals, and power supplies/batteries, building a board, figuring out a good arrangement, and... Nah

As for guitars, yeah I'd love to get a few more, but my tastes are too expensive for my wallet right now! And that gor-geous Spice Melange Majesty is gone from Reverb. I knew it wouldn't last, and if I could've, I'd have grabbed it.

Nothing really.

Occasionally, I think about a Wolfgang Hard Tail, or building a humbucker Tele like JT, although my LP really handles those duties, it would just be a bit more ergonomic.

Maybe a Tele with a Lollar P90 bridge to pretend like it's an LP jr with a tummy cut, maybe neck pocket contouring. Hmmm ,ok moving on now....damn it.

I'm currently at a place where the fizz I often can't "un-hear" from my high-gain Axe III presets isn't bothering me
Do you notice it in a mix as well? Ive realized my synergy modules do I have a clarity and I thought to myself "is this the fizz TSJ was talking about?". Still not enough to bother me fortunately

As for guitars, yeah I'd love to get a few more, but my tastes are too expensive for my wallet right now!
I don't even want any guitars right right now, there's none that I can think of that I'd be willing to spend any money on. In hypothetical world where money is not an issue I'd probably get a Gittler guitar just because. But there are none that I need or want.
I'd rather have those fancy tools for fixing guitars, changing frets, leveling them... But buying those also makes no sense since I'd use them once or twice.

I suspect I wouldn't, especially since I run hot and cold with it anyway; Sometimes I can't stand it, other times it seems fine.
But I have yet to play in a band setting with the Fractal. :sofa
How about recording purposes then? And I'm not trying to downplay your thoughts just curious lol

How about recording purposes then? And I'm not trying to downplay your thoughts just curious lol
Haha, haven't done that yet either! And funny you asked, because just a couple hours ago I dug a little deeper into learning how to use Reaper. (I've never used a software DAW before Drew started the challenge.)

Every time I think I wanna learn how to record, once I pick up the guitar, I just end up playing it for hours, and lose focus on learning how to use it. :ROFLMAO: :rawk

Haha, haven't done that yet either! And funny you asked, because just a couple hours ago I dug a little deeper into learning how to use Reaper. (I've never used a software DAW before Drew started the challenge.)

Every time I think I wanna learn how to record, once I pick up the guitar, I just end up playing it for hours, and lose focus on learning how to use it. :ROFLMAO: :rawk
I use reaper as well! If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. I'm not a pro by any means but happy to help

Back