What are you GAS'ing for at the moment ?

I have two amps that I'm really GASsing for.

A Little Walter 22 Watt Octal based pre-amp head and cab and a Carl's Custom Octal Deluxe with the TV front.

I can't get these things off my mind. I've been pining for a boutique tweed style Deluxe for a while now.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 07.42.00.png

Screenshot 2023-04-20 07.41.51.png

These have become my favorites over the last 2-3 years, 10-53 or whatever the heavy bottom set they make is.
Yes I use both NYXL and Elixir both Fantastic I do tend to favor the NYXL 9-42 and the Optiwebs in 10
I'm currently using 10's on my Revstar II but I'm gonna string them up with 8-38
I'm sure they will be more Punchy and Mid focused but we shall see :)

Another set i will try if I dont like the 8-38 will be the Hyper Slinky Hybrids

1682879072753.png

Gibson L-00

IMG_3823.jpeg

I play a lot of acoustic guitar and have a J45 and D28, so the 00 would be something cool and different. Love the size and midrange-focus of the sound.

I’ve tried a few in stores and every one of them has sounded and played fantastic.

Gibson’s USA electrics can be all over the map, but I have not played a single acoustic of theirs that hasn’t been a great guitar.

Yes I use both NYXL and Elixir both Fantastic I do tend to favor the NYXL 9-42 and the Optiwebs in 10
I'm currently using 10's on my Revstar II but I'm gonna string them up with 8-38

View attachment 6934
I've got a guitar out for refretting that I sent along a set of NYXL 9-42s for. Age is starting to catch up with me, and I saw a couple interesting videos where guys compared different string gauges and at least at the time I liked what they got with the lighter gauges enough I thought I'd give them a try (with the 53s or even 46s I am usually adjusting to tame the low end a little). I'll probably have to learn to tame my right hand a little, but I think it's worth the experiment until the set wears out, which with the NYXLs should be a while.

I used Elixirs for several years and generally liked them a lot until I got a handful of sets where the high Es broke prematurely. Probably just a bad run, but that's when I tried the NYXLs along with Ernie Ball Paradigms, which I also liked.

I think I might finally be maturing. My porridge bowl is getting ever smaller and I'm liking that!

(Back onto mostly playing the Princeton again with only a delay and boost)

View attachment 6934
Definitely recommend you give a set of Paradigms a try, last a long time and feel and sound fantabulous. Also an Elixer fan :)

Yes I should not Be GAS'ing but this came my way dont know how but .....
Impressive Specs and Hardware for a Song and dance... well maybe 2 Under $1,400.00 CDN funds

G300ProAwardsnew2.png

:idk

Yes I should not Be GAS'ing but this came my way dont know how but .....
Impressive Specs and Hardware for a Song and dance... well maybe 2 Under $1,400.00 CDN funds

I actually looked at this this AM hoping there might be a T-style available but wasn't too excited with those options.

Back