What are you GAS'ing for at the moment ?

I want a Les Paul with P90s in the worst way, but I can’t justify it. I think it might be exactly the sound I’m looking for right now

214520341_lg1.jpg

228720380_lg1.jpg

There are a bunch of Edwards LPC’s w/P90’s on the auction sites for under $1300! I contemplated one, but I have more regular pickup stuff I want to get before I dive into P90’s….and I might go with a Jazzmaster or something for those pickups.

Right now, not much. I have way too much stuff I have to sell and some credit cards to pay off before I can think of anything big.

2022 was another big year for purchases for me. I bought and sold a ton of little pedals to play in that world for a while, then sold a bunch of gear to get an Axe FX 3...then of course trickling in more gear like studio monitors.

2023 needs to be a year of paring things down. The biggest things I can think are getting my Strat refretted and maybe some other work on my other guitars. So maybe it's more working on my office space and carving out a little area for distraction free playing, especially now that I have an amp and some pedals to play with.

I can honestly say I'm quite content right now. Plus my tastes are too damn expensive.
I'd really one of those Majesties in Spice Melange. But that's really hard to justify.

The only thing I even bought this year was a plugin, and only because it was half off for the holiday sale.

I can honestly say I'm quite content right now. Plus my tastes are too damn expensive.
I'd really one of those Majesties in Spice Melange. But that's really hard to justify.

The only thing I even bought this year was a plugin, and only because it was half off for the holiday sale.

I’d be pretty content with your rig, too!!

given the fact that i have two more superstrats coming in the next few days and another five bodies and three necks at my tech's place...probably not much.

but that won't stop me from buying something on a whim. :)

Dude, you’ve gotta have around 20 Strats by now and that’s just what I’ve seen you buy in 2022!! :rofl

I’ve thought about an Edwards. I’d love a black LPC with P90’s!

I bought a used Edwards LP a few years ago in Australia - you see much more Edwards and Tokai over there because Gibson is even more expensive there, and Australia is Pacific Rim and positioned in a straight line down south from Japen.

Excellent guitar - very well made and fantastic value for money. Only significant thing that could have been improved was the pickups - but that's easily remedied.

Last edited:
I’ve thought about an Edwards. I’d love a black LPC with P90’s!

I considered one of those since I was getting another LP anyway, but I'm not ready to make the P90 commitment yet. I think I might make those the reason I buy/build a Jazzmaster.

Back