What are you GAS'ing for at the moment ?

not a big fan of the back of that guitar. And I`m not paying 1300 for a Epiphone. But i need a Silverburst LP at some point.
And there is only 800 of the 7 `art guitars` 1 new each month. I would maybe buy a Alex Gray one ( if that happens) but they will sell like HOT CAKE :idea

Hahahaha yeah, if they did anything with Gray’s artwork the overzealous Tool fans would buy them up before guitarists even had the chance. :rofl

I just saw a Gibson AJ sig for under $5K this morning on Reverb, couldn’t believe it was that low of a price. Around $4900. If I still had a bunch of disposable cash like I did last year I’d probably have bought the thing since I was looking to spend about $5K on an older Silverburst around that time.

And yes, a Silverburst LP and Explorer are must-haves for the collection for me. I WILL own one some day.

Ohhhhh, look at this wonderful beast-

yayqcbx56w7ernk9ovx9.jpg

A baritone Silverburst :chef I’m gonna need 5 minutes before I can stand up from behind my desk…..

I just wish they’d all age like the older ones do, I LOVE that greenish/gold color that age to.

Not a fan of that particular version of a Silverburst either. Way too dark for my tastes. :idk

View attachment 2960

Yeah, it might look better in person where you can see the curved top, but from that it looks like it just jumps to jet black instead of fading into it. I do dig the silver color, though, it’s as bright as their normal silverbursts.

highlight-121.jpg

Been gassing for one of these lately.

I’m still dying to just play one that’s not a Sterling. I’ve told this story before but last year I had just sold my house and was looking for some retail therapy at the time, left work and went to the bank, pulled out $5K and went straight to the GC with the good guitars, still in my work clothes which at the time looked very blue collar and it was a rougher day so I looked a bit spent, see the anniversary model that @TSJMajesty has and ask the dude to unlock it for me to try out. He gives me some BS story that the manager is on the phone and has the keys and then avoided me for 10-15 minutes while I sat there waiting. Eventually I just said “Thanks but no thanks.”

I was more than happy to blow that $5K right then and there, but not after that kind of BS. I’m sure had I walked in in my normal clothes or a different work shirt it would have been entirely different. And the f*ckin’ salesman looked just like Glenn Fricker, to top it off.

I’m still dying to just play one that’s not a Sterling. I’ve told this story before but last year I had just sold my house and was looking for some retail therapy at the time, left work and went to the bank, pulled out $5K and went straight to the GC with the good guitars, still in my work clothes which at the time looked very blue collar and it was a rougher day so I looked a bit spent, see the anniversary model that @TSJMajesty has and ask the dude to unlock it for me to try out. He gives me some BS story that the manager is on the phone and has the keys and then avoided me for 10-15 minutes while I sat there waiting. Eventually I just said “Thanks but no thanks.”

I was more than happy to blow that $5K right then and there, but not after that kind of BS. I’m sure had I walked in in my normal clothes or a different work shirt it would have been entirely different. And the f*ckin’ salesman looked just like Glenn Fricker, to top it off.
The Majesty 6 is on the back burner at this point. Yesterday’s Ibanez acquisition was a bit of a surprise because I had initially thought I missed out on it a few days ago.

Last edited:
not a big fan of the back of that guitar. And I`m not paying 1300 for a Epiphone. But i need a Silverburst LP at some point.
And there is only 800 of the 7 `art guitars` 1 new each month. I would maybe buy a Alex Gray one ( if that happens) but they will sell like HOT CAKE :idea

I took a weekend Art Workshop with Alex (Grey) in 1999 in Bolulder, CO. He is a fascinating
human and his style is so inspiring, if a bit clinical for me in the end. :idk

He did 'shrooms at the North Pole as I recall.

Hahahaha yeah, if they did anything with Gray’s artwork the overzealous Tool fans would buy them up before guitarists even had the chance. :rofl

I just saw a Gibson AJ sig for under $5K this morning on Reverb, couldn’t believe it was that low of a price. Around $4900. If I still had a bunch of disposable cash like I did last year I’d probably have bought the thing since I was looking to spend about $5K on an older Silverburst around that time.

And yes, a Silverburst LP and Explorer are must-haves for the collection for me. I WILL own one some day.

Pretty sure Gibson is making non-Custom Shop Standard versions of the AJ guitars in the $3000 zone??

Still don't like the looks of the 'Burst they settled on. It's like all Black and then an abrupt shift to Silver. :idk

1670449302346.png

I would assume the reason for the heavy burst is because Adam's originals look that way?
I agree in that I think the 'modern' silverburst looks better balanced, but it makes sense for people buying Adam's guitar to want them looking like that.
:idk

GAS'ing for this to place on the wall in my room

1670501146749.png

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Pretty sure Gibson is making non-Custom Shop Standard versions of the AJ guitars in the $3000 zone??

Still don't like the looks of the 'Burst they settled on. It's like all Black and then an abrupt shift to Silver. :idk

View attachment 3002

Yeah, I hate those trapezoid inlays though. :rofl

If I ever own a Les Paul, it’s going to be a Custom. Probably why I‘m not too hellbent on buying one; finding one for under $3K (any LPC) is getting rarer and rarer and my whole thing about not buying guitars over $1500.

And I’m with ya on the burst, it’s not really burst-y.

I would assume the reason for the heavy burst is because Adam's originals look that way?
I agree in that I think the 'modern' silverburst looks better balanced, but it makes sense for people buying Adam's guitar to want them looking like that.
:idk

Y2o9HETBuHBeRcTayiFJ8A.jpg

His main one has a much more gradual change from black to silver.

I took a weekend Art Workshop with Alex (Grey) in 1999 in Bolulder, CO. He is a fascinating
human and his style is so inspiring, if a bit clinical for me in the end. :idk

He did 'shrooms at the North Pole as I recall.

I got to watch him and his wife paint at a tattoo expo in ‘09 or so, it was AWESOME. The dude is like a psychedelic DaVinci. Super, super nice guy, too. I must have watched him paint for a good 2-3 hours and any time someone had a question he’d pause, get REALLY into the discussion with the person then turn back around and paint.

Fat Drew in my drinking days!
12E57DAB-3D52-48B9-B406-D1845C62ADF9.jpeg

I got to watch him and his wife paint at a tattoo expo in ‘09 or so, it was AWESOME. The dude is like a psychedelic DaVinci. Super, super nice guy, too. I must have watched him paint for a good 2-3 hours and any time someone had a question he’d pause, get REALLY into the discussion with the person then turn back around and paint.

View attachment 3019
Are you the guy on the right?

Jkjkjkjk

His main one has a much more gradual change from black to silver.
I guess it is more gradual on the original, but the sig model still looks close enough to me. Certainly closer than the regular custom shop silverbursts.

In any case, I don't wanna perpetuate the whole 'lol Gibson gonna Gibson' and say that they're cutting corners when they could do it better, but if the shoe fits... :rofl

View attachment 3019

That's awesome! :beer

He felt to me like a guy who scorched himself by throwing his entire being directly
into the fires of existence, so all the dross could be burnt off and only the alchemical
gold remained. He didn't ooze any BS or pretense. Very direct and clear. And super present.

I was so inspired by him for a bit there. Mostly his artistic and spiritual perspectives
and less his technique----which is way beyond my ability. :facepalm

Man, I have not really thought of him in years.

Back