What are you GAS'ing for at the moment ?

Is this a "no judgments" thread?

Peek-A-Boo Smh GIF by Carmen Monoxide

Strymon Deco.
You hipster..
am sure you watch Rhett Shull on YT as well. Lol.

Pretty sure Gibson is making non-Custom Shop Standard versions of the AJ guitars in the $3000 zone??

Still don't like the looks of the 'Burst they settled on. It's like all Black and then an abrupt shift to Silver. :idk

View attachment 3002

Yeah it’s not the best looking burst, and if you survive the gauntlet you have to stomach the art on the back.

Sorta a bummer imo.

That's awesome! :beer

He felt to me like a guy who scorched himself by throwing his entire being directly
into the fires of existence, so all the dross could be burnt off and only the alchemical
gold remained. He didn't ooze any BS or pretense. Very direct and clear. And super present.

I was so inspired by him for a bit there. Mostly his artistic and spiritual perspectives
and less his technique----which is way beyond my ability. :facepalm

Man, I have not really thought of him in years.

I’d love to do one of the weekend retreats they do at the Chapel or Mirrors or whatever they call it.

About the only thing that won't leave me alone at the moment is one of those AT Keely Halo dual delays, though mostly I wish Line 6 would stick one in the Helix.

It's funny, because I've gone full Mesa + hybrid digital/analog board in 4cm for a while now, with my current Electra Dyne + FM9 setup just killing it, but I still have wandering eyes for some kind of bone-simple, all-analog, no-effects loop setup, with a DR Z EMS head being a main attraction.

1172C0E6-E5C0-48A9-A0C2-E48A7EB11C1D.jpeg

I’d love to do one of the weekend retreats they do at the Chapel or Mirrors or whatever they call it.

He was just getting ready to implement that Mirrors exhibit/experience when I took that
workshop with him in Boulder. He did a brief presentation on it Friday night.

I love that he has this deep conviction that Art should be transformational, revelatory, and
not just for the Artist, but also for the Observer.

In some ways he reminds me of Steve Vai. They have eerily similar outlooks and highly spiritualized
views of their craft. Just different mediums.

It's funny, because I've gone full Mesa + hybrid digital/analog board in 4cm for a while now, with my current Electra Dyne + FM9 setup just killing it, but I still have wandering eyes for some kind of bone-simple, all-analog, no-effects loop setup, with a DR Z EMS head being a main attraction.

View attachment 3150
We are in the same boat. As Brad paisleys official stalker, I’m all in for a Dr Z combo. Don’t need it and have little use for it but really want one anyway.

Current GAS list:

FM-3 (just this side of redundant/ unnecessary, and therefore lingering)
Morningstar MC-8 (just that little bit too expensive for "impulse purchase" - and somehow more expensive used?? - and therefore lingering)
Black Country Customs TI-Boost (been in my Amazon Wishlist for 2 years; waiting for my wife to notice in between asking me what I want for Christmas LOL)

Last edited:
I...honestly don't know if I am GASsing for anything rn? I have a pile of gigging $ saved up. I would like another amp for the jam room. Nothing urgent at the moment is needed though? I am sure I will end up with my 47th FMwtever. But no real hurry.

Right not I'm gasing for a Digitech Timebender delay. I had it before but like an idiot sold it but I want another. The one I bought before came from Sarah Lipstate aka Noveller. I have tons of delays already from strymon timeline, meris lvx, strymon volante, eventide h90 etc.. etc..

However there's just something magical about the timebender I want back!

750-TimeBender_detail2.jpg

Leon did a cool video for it like a year or so ago...

Last edited:
Back