What are we watching now?

Foundation.

Apple TV kind of got me with this one because it’s Isaac Asimov…. Issac is truth… But Christ almighty they fucked it up

Mm

How in all creation did the two protagonists end up as LGBTQIA’s+ black women?

I watched Evil Dead Rise last night. It’s a fun watch, and major bonus points for the amount of blood and gore for a major movie.

For as powerful as the devil/demon is, he spends half the movie unable to get in a locked door :bag

How convenient that the teen is an aspiring DJ and the priest made sure to cut an LP documenting his experience with the demon. :ROFLMAO: -1 point for them not taking the opportunity to do any scratching with the record… REMIX

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan anyone?

Currently on season one. Not bad so far. TV is such shit these days.

My son and I enjoyed the first 3 seasons. Some really great settings, locations, and production.

If a series is shot in cool places I can find a way to enjoy it in spite of any warts.

Finished Scream V. That was actually pretty awesome. The “reveal” was kinda meh, but everything else around it was badass.

Started the new season of Justified. Wasn't sure how no Goggins would fare but so far, really good. Olymphant (sp?) is great at the role and the writing is good. Blonde dude from Narcos is a great choice for the bad guy role as well. Will keep on it \m/

Latest episode of Sunny with Dennis' mental health day struck so many damn chords in me I can't even begin to describe. The rest of the season has been ok but this episode was :chef

Me and the gf have been wanting to rewatch the Hannibal TV series for quite some time now, but it's not available on any streaming service at least here in Finland.

So today we went into an actual video store and picked up a Bluray set of all 3 seasons. It was such a great, nostalgic experience seeing all the cool movies, series etc you remember and then digging through bargain bins to see what you might find. Will have to visit again, they had a really great selection and I'm happy to see at least a few of these kind of places are still in business.

I feel like streaming services are getting increasingly bad by becoming more expensive or the selection becoming shittier.

Me and the gf have been wanting to rewatch the Hannibal TV series for quite some time now, but it's not available on any streaming service at least here in Finland.

So today we went into an actual video store and picked up a Bluray set of all 3 seasons. It was such a great, nostalgic experience seeing all the cool movies, series etc you remember and then digging through bargain bins to see what you might find. Will have to visit again, they had a really great selection and I'm happy to see at least a few of these kind of places are still in business.

I feel like streaming services are getting increasingly bad by becoming more expensive or the selection becoming shittier.
Hannibal was :chef

You too? Man there's something about the setting in a movie..., I'm sure I can't quite describe it, but if it's right, especially at the beginning, it'll draw me right in. Same with the music. Like the vibe of the music in Shawshank Redemption.

Totally! :beer

Knock At the Cabin last night. Decent concept, a little boring in spots, but decent overall I guess. Another disposable M Night Shamalammadingdong movie.

A Quiet Place. Really good. Atmosphere and tension generally had me overlooking the implausibility of it all. Need to queue up part II this evening, and hope it’s half as good this one.

So a shot to the dome can kill the things, but the creatures somehow overran our military? Gonna hide this baby in a box so it can’t be heard, and the baby will somehow not grow up to be a freak? Newspaper headlines of the creatures, umm who was delivering those papers? lolol

Has anyone here checked out The Stand TV Show? I am 3 episodes in and it's not doing much for me. Typically I give a new to me show 5 episodes or so before I make a decision. Does it get better? It feels like "Walking Dead Lite".

Has anyone here checked out The Stand TV Show? I am 3 episodes in and it's not doing much for me. Typically I give a new to me show 5 episodes or so before I make a decision. Does it get better? It feels like "Walking Dead Lite".
I wanted to watch that for reasons I am still not sure on as I don't like the source material? :bag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Let me know if it gets better.

I wanted to watch that for reasons I am still not sure on as I don't like the source material? :bag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Let me know if it gets better.
So far I feel like the showrunners said "Hey I have an idea, lets hire some pretty good actors and mix them with some shitty ones" or they ran out of budget halfway through casting I dunno. The plot and overall material is tired for sure but I have this weird fascination with apocalyptic and post apocalyptic films and shows. I am gonna push on for now and I will let you know.

So far I feel like the showrunners said "Hey I have an idea, lets hire some pretty good actors and mix them with some shitty ones" or they ran out of budget halfway through casting I dunno. The plot and overall material is tired for sure but I have this weird fascination with apocalyptic and post apocalyptic films and shows. I am gonna push on for now and I will let you know.
Keep me posted. Agreed on the enjoyment of post-apocalyptic vibes; despite that rarely panning out with entertainment gold most times.

Went with one of the boys to Talk to Me yesterday. Aussie A24 flick. Family drama (typical A24 at it's A24-iest "let's be high brow/elevated" which works in some cases and drives me nuts in others) mixed with teenagers doing dumb things ("hey this possessed hand allows us to speak with the dead and let them take over our bodies so obviously we should do this multiple times per person over the course of the film while we film it for social media cred and every character is the most annoying thing you could ever imagine so why in the world wouldn't the dead want to take these miserable turds over in the first place!"

I didn't like it :sofa:rofl

Keep me posted. Agreed on the enjoyment of post-apocalyptic vibes; despite that rarely panning out with entertainment gold most times.

"The Stand" should have been called "The Waste" cos it definitely wasted my time. Also has an open ending. great just what I wanted! Strung me along for 9 episodes and then no resolution.

Back