Video Games

recently finished this. good puzzler. now back to Hot Wheels Unleashed 2.

1726603237156.png

The Astrobot bundled game was one of the coolest, most magical games I've ever played. I'm sure the new game is no different
I bought Astrobot a couple of days after its release, but I still haven’t managed to get into it - and my kid won’t even touch it. We’re both too addicted to Rogue Legacy 2, which is kind of scary considering how many hours we’ve already sunk into that game.

Anyway, the little bit of Astrobot I played was a slow start, probably reflecting the fact that it’s a longer game overall. Hopefully it’ll ramp up (and hopefully I’ll be able tear myself away from RL2 eventually.)

I'm playing The Plucky Squire which us free to play on PS5 this month.

Nice little escape. Quite short lived.

I'm afraid to buy the other big game out right now because it looks like something I'd get completely sucked in to.

Yeah, that's what I did, I just always assumed there were different versions for each console, but my timeline on when the PS5 was released is all screwed on account of no one being able to buy one for months/years.

Yeah I got mine November 2021 and there's still only like 5 games specifically made for the fuckin thing worth buying

The audacity to roll out a PS5 Pro at this stage is fucking crazy

Balatro is still my biggest addiction right now. Even more so than Slay the Spire when I was on that. There are so many interconnected mechanics and synergies. I play at least one run of it a day.

Yeah I got mine November 2021 and there's still only like 5 games specifically made for the fuckin thing worth buying

The audacity to roll out a PS5 Pro at this stage is fucking crazy
Count your blessings you didn't buy a PSVR2 kit. Borderline abandonware.

:cuss

And then they have the audacity to ask you to upgrade your PS+ account to a premium tier if you want access to the 4 crappy games with VR support. Didn't I already pay?

b06e92a7-19be-47e4-b0ca-abf1ce6fa139_text.gif

Balatro is still my biggest addiction right now. Even more so than Slay the Spire when I was on that. There are so many interconnected mechanics and synergies. I play at least one run of it a day.
Damn, available on every platform except iPad. There's even an Android version. :(

There's a lot of buzz about this game today with it scoring high in reviews across the net. 50 'retro' games made by various creators spanning tons of genres from Metroidvanias, to top down racers, to point and click adventures.

Out tomorrow on Steam with more platforms to follow.

I'm not a retro gamer. At. All. Got my fill of jank during the actual '80s LOL. But this review is great. Enough to spark my interest:

And then they have the audacity to ask you to upgrade your PS+ account to a premium tier if you want access to the 4 crappy games with VR support. Didn't I already pay?

I actually briefly considered it, but I tried out my nephew's HTC Vive setup and the shit makes me feel nauseated within 5 minutes

The PSVR2 is awesome with the PC adapter.

I believe there will be more content coming also on the PS5.

I was able to upgrade for $6 from extra to play the games on premium. Worth it.

The PSVR2 is awesome with the PC adapter.

I believe there will be more content coming also on the PS5.

I was able to upgrade for $6 from extra to play the games on premium. Worth it.
Part of the problem, as I'm beginning to understand, is that I just don't like the VR experience in itself. The novelty of being immersed in a 360 degree 3D world with head-tracking was amazing at first (especially in driving games), but after a while the tradeoffs (graphics quality, general comfort) take their toll, and I realize there's not much being added in terms of actual gameplay. Most of the games out there feel like amateurish tech demos - and because they're so scarce, their prices are seldom, if ever, reduced.

Give me a nice big TV and leave the headcrab off my face, and I'm a happy camper. :)

Part of the problem, as I'm beginning to understand, is that I just don't like the VR experience in itself. The novelty of being immersed in a 360 degree 3D world with head-tracking was amazing at first (especially in driving games), but after a while the tradeoffs (graphics quality, general comfort) take their toll, and I realize there's not much being added in terms of actual gameplay. Most of the games out there feel like amateurish tech demos - and because they're so scarce, their prices are seldom, if ever, reduced.

Give me a nice big TV and leave the headcrab off my face, and I'm a happy camper. :)
I feel this too. Not to mention the super small viewing sweet spot on the PSVR2.

BUT, Half Life Alyx is another experience. It was designed for VR and brings an experience with it that shows what is possible.

I hear Sony has acquired the rights to HLA for the PS5. I imagine it will launch around the time of the PS5 Pro.

On a side note, if Sony didn't offer PSVR2 at $200 off I would not have bought it.

I feel this too. Not to mention the super small viewing sweet spot on the PSVR2.

BUT, Half Life Alyx is another experience. It was designed for VR and brings an experience with it that shows what is possible.

I hear Sony has acquired the rights to HLA for the PS5. I imagine it will launch around the time of the PS5 Pro.

On a side note, if Sony didn't offer PSVR2 at $200 off I would not have bought it.
First: I had no idea HLA might be coming to PSVR2. I've been hoping for this for a long time.

Second: I didn't know Sony did a $200 off promotion. I think I spent $600? A friend gave me a PSVR1 kit (pretty much impossible to sell LOL) and my brother-in-law gave us an Oculus Quest 2. So I'm a guy who mostly dislikes VR and somehow owns three VR kits. :facepalm

(Back in the PS3 days, I had a 3D DLP TV with those weird stroboscopic glasses. That was actually a blast - particularly Motorstorm.)

First: I had no idea HLA might be coming to PSVR2. I've been hoping for this for a long time.

Second: I didn't know Sony did a $200 off promotion. I think I spent $600? A friend gave me a PSVR1 kit (pretty much impossible to sell LOL) and my brother-in-law gave us an Oculus Quest 2. So I'm a guy who mostly dislikes VR and somehow owns three VR kits. :facepalm

(Back in the PS3 days, I had a 3D DLP TV with those weird stroboscopic glasses. That was actually a blast - particularly Motorstorm.)
They offered the $200 discount a couple months ago for less than a month. Was available at all stores.

Had some stereoscopic glasses for my PC some 20 years ago and loved them. Was great playing Doom and seeing body parts fly out of the screen at you. The rear end of a race car fish tailing out of the screen was sick too.

Back