Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

I think the amount the gain has been trimmed post capture has a strong effect on how well it will handle a boost. Highly trimmed up models will tend to get just more fuzzy because they've already got that linear volume boost added

Additional Parameters
  • BASS FRQ (75 Hz – 600 Hz) EQ low-band frequency. Adjust the frequency of the EQ low-band shelf.
  • MID Q (0.2 – 3.0) EQ mid-band Q factor. Adjusts the bell size of the EQ mid-band bell.
  • MID FRQ (150 Hz – 5000 Hz) EQ mid-band frequency. Adjusts the frequency of the EQ mid-band bell.
  • TRBL FRQ (1000 Hz – 4000 Hz) EQ high-band frequency. Adjust the frequency of the EQ high-band shelf.

Get that opinion in context of the dealer's 30-day software registration clause because that's not our policy from what I'm seeing. We have our terms and conditions clearly written on our site with nothing about that at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/ unless I missed something.

Also, there may just be a misunderstanding at and/or with that dealer since this is software that unlocks with registration of the TONEX Pedal, not a separate registration - perhaps that 30-day clause is for software serials that ship with the products? The only ones I can think of that apply for us would be third party licenses like the Ableton Live Lite or similar that we've done with some hardware.

Edit - and if @signalpath would like to PM me the dealer name and location I can have somebody look into it. I can try to do it without specifying a dealer, but that might prove difficult or in the end be obvious if this is a unique issue.
I also have this problem...Tested the pedal and want to return it (just within 14 days) but I see no way to transfer ownership after registration. My dealer also has a 30 day return policy.

I also have this problem...Tested the pedal and want to return it (just within 14 days) but I see no way to transfer ownership after registration. My dealer also has a 30 day return policy.
Is it a similar dealer policy as the one we are talking about wasn't an IK policy. We work with dealers to do our best to suit their return policies (I know Thomann has specifically worked with our rep for them, we are willing to work with the dealer or user with the "registered included software" policy that is being discussed, etc). We are also discussing the second hand transfer topics that have been raised here and elsewhere.

We are also discussing the second hand transfer topics that have been raised here and elsewhere.
I think that the simplest solution to this issue is to always add a licence for ToneX SE when a pedal is deregistered and registered again to a new account, but that licence should only apply whilst that account has a registered ToneX pedal.

Obviously this shouldn't be the case on a return to vendor scenario - in that case, the ToneX MAX licence should follow the pedal.

Thread title should be changed to "Tonex Pedal....It's (a) REAL hassle to return" :hmm:knit
I'm not sure it necessarily is in every territory.

In the case of the UK, if you buy online you automatically have the right to a 14 day cooling off period on most products.

There are exceptions though - the regulations state that the cooling off period doesn't apply if you buy "a CD, DVD or software, if you break the seal on the wrapping", but in the case of ToneX pedal, you didn't *buy* software - it came free with the pedal!

Also, the instance mentioned here was a dealer policy that I believe was basically a bit vaguely worded since you don't technically register TONEX MAX with TONEX Pedal (it isn't a separate serial) so even in cases like that it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Being able to place the PEQ pre/post is a nice touch but not including a cab high/low cut is a shame. I guess that's what firmware updates and feature requests are for right?
It’s been one of the most asked-for additions from what I’ve been reading (aside from an effects loop which we all know can’t be added to the firmware).

This obviously won’t be an issue if you’re running it in the effects loop of say, an HX Stomp. But if you plan on gigging it, with say, a simple delay pedal to "FRFR", it definitely needs bandpass capabilities.

That has nothing to do with what we're talking about (dealer return policies with regard to registered software etc, that seems to be an already accepted return). If one person has a problem with their refund (which can take days just to return to their form of payment) then of course the dealer or IK or whoever will take care of it if they contact them about their issue.

Back