Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

I expect that IK Multimedia will release a ToneX update at some point, allowing for batch processing of captures. Get the data for 10 captures, then let your machine do the work in the background - or overnight.

The fact that ToneX is mostly computer-based offers several potential benefits over dedicated hardware (QC/Kemper), which are yet to be tapped.

Get the data for 10 captures, then let your machine do the work in the background - or overnight.

Can you do that manually right now? Like capturing amp data and do the training later? And do previous captures line up somewhere?
Because in that case, you could possibly automate the process yourself.

The fact that ToneX is mostly computer-based offers several potential benefits over dedicated hardware (QC/Kemper), which are yet to be tapped.

True. Especially as quite some people own multiple computers and interfaces, so they could sort of set up a capturing "farm".

I expect that IK Multimedia will release a ToneX update at some point, allowing for batch processing of captures. Get the data for 10 captures, then let your machine do the work in the background - or overnight.

That would make a lot of sense. If anything it might even make each model more accurate by providing it more training data!

That was actually one of the topics covered by the survey I referenced in one of these Tonex threads. The question was something to the effect of "what would make tonex better?" and one of the options was batch processing.

Can you do that manually right now? Like capturing amp data and do the training later? And do previous captures line up somewhere?
Because in that case, you could possibly automate the process yourself.

Not that i'm aware of. You do the audio capture, then sit through the NN training process - in a single take.

Decoupling the data collection (relatively fast) from the capture training (slow) is something that can only be done in PCs, and would be a boon for people selling capture packs. And this is something the competition simply cannot offer right now.

Last edited:
I have been in contact with support about compression and distortion on the output. What I found is if I lower the Main volume in the Global settings 10db it allows full range without distortion on the face volumes. With the Main volume set to 0 I would start getting the distortion around 1.5 on the volume on the right if the Model volume was set high.

Thanks and *ouch*. That's fairly long, especially in case you just want to experiment (which is what I'd like to do).

Note the default training is much faster though.

Screenshot from 2023-02-24 18-17-53.png

For the love of Christ how can I delete cabs from the stock presets from the librarian.

I’m running this into a cab, like a big boy, but need these cabs off the presets.

My plan was to remove all the cabs from the presets then run through them all again to see which I want to keep and which to overwrite with caps from the pros (because a lot of the factory stuff is actually good) but I can’t for the love of God figure out how to simply remove the cab using the app.

I’m guessing you have to delete the cabs from the preset on the pedal, which then syncs to the app?

This is making me want to rage overwrite everything so I can get to playing the LRS, SDS, KB, TJ caps.

And I thought I knew what I was getting into as an iRig user once.

nuclear explosion GIF

Back