Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

This is surely a known thing, but do you still need the capture device if you’re capturing Fractal/Kemper/plug-in tones? I don’t even want to do deal with searching for what I want to put in the pedal, I just want to capture my own sh*t and load it up.
I don't think you need it. It seems to be nothing more than a DI and possibly loadbox.

You will need a pc with interface and nvidia graphics card for decent times. The box may act as an interface for the app but this hasn't been confirmed.

I’ve got an iMac that can handle a lot of plug-ins.

Phil Hartman Idk GIF

I hear it can do it if it is 64 bit but it will take about an hour from my understanding. The software uses Nvidia Cuda cores to speed up the process.

I’ll have to look into it. And actually, after seeing the Stomp brought up, which I can get for the same price or cheaper, I’m almost leaning more in that direction since I’m not a fan that capture search and if I have to buy more sh*t or upgrade a graphics card in my computer….yeah, I’m not doing that. :rofl

I’ll have to look into it. And actually, after seeing the Stomp brought up, which I can get for the same price or cheaper, I’m almost leaning more in that direction since I’m not a fan that capture search and if I have to buy more sh*t or upgrade a graphics card in my computer….yeah, I’m not doing that. :rofl
With the Stomp you get the IR search instead...but you will also get a whole ton of effects.

With the Stomp you get the IR search instead...but you will also get a whole ton of effects.

Yeah, I’ve got zero interest in the effects and fortunately, I already have a ton of IR’s I already know I dig, so that wouldn’t be much of an issue unless there was a wide gap between Fractal’s models and the Helix models, but that hasn’t been the case from all I’ve heard. I just want to stick this on a pedal-based board that 98% of the time runs into amps, but the rare occasion I can’t use an amp, I’d have the pedal.

My "other place" TONEX FLOOR PEDAL thread got deleted with the following reason: " .... Info released early by dealer and not all correct .... " .

To make matters more concerning, the message advising me of this was done in such a way that it was not in any way possible to respond to the "deleter" to ask why / cloarify / question it / point out the illogical hypocrisy etc.... ?

Its a bl##dy forum for Digital Gear discussion ...... you could take down 100's / 1000's of posts speculating on gear if that was the criteria !?!?!?!?!

Quite surprised - in not at all a good way - to be honest.

Ben
So dumb.

Maybe this one will last a little longer…

Thread 'IK Multimedia Tonex Pedal'
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/ik-multimedia-tonex-pedal.2433518/

If they delete it - I’m going to post one. Because so far they are just telling the OP why. How would I know that it wasn’t allowed…. BTW - I gave a little shout out to TimBuk2 LOL

This is for the guy wanting to avoid his 37th Kemper, doesn't want a Mooer turd and doesn't want to give a dime to that other batch of turds. The "it's not a micro profiler" argument is fine but I myself (at least) am already modular in 50 different directions and this gives me an affordable profile loading option.

This is for the guy wanting to avoid his 37th Kemper, doesn't want a Mooer turd and doesn't want to give a dime to that other batch of turds. The "it's not a micro profiler" argument is fine but I myself (at least) am already modular in 50 different directions and this gives me an affordable profile loading option.
Ha - I was thinking the same thing, but not in such elegant terms. 😊

I’ve NEVER wanted to bother learning how to profile, nor do I have a lot of amps TO profile. But haven’t a “profile player” has always seemed intriguing. I was wanting something similar from Kemper a while back.

Agreed , I love my FM9
But if you look at this box for what it is rather than all the things it is not , I think it was a solid move for IK and a good value

If Kemper had produced a profile player stomp box, they could have owned the market - with the ToneX pedal, that ship has sailed.

Said it many many times, but i can't believe Kemper never released such a product. With the solid ecosystem they have, a small loader box would've made a killing.

Most Kemper owners have never profiled an amp in their lives.

Last edited:
Said it many many times, but i can't believe Kemper never released such a product. With the solid ecosystem they have, a small loader box would've made a killing.

Most Kemper owners have never profiled an amp in their lives.
Kemper has stated that for them to produce such a device the cost would basically equal that of the full profiler, as omitting a few components doesn't really add up to much.

Kemper has stated that for them to produce such a device the cost would basically equal that of the full profiler, as omitting a few components doesn't really add up to much.
I honestly find that hard to believe, especially as technology has progressed since the Kemper's release. With machine learning the high performance is largely needed in creating the models, rather than using them.

I honestly find that hard to believe, especially as technology has progressed since the Kemper's release. With machine learning the high performance is largely needed in creating the models, rather than using them.
The reason is they couldn't create just a player due to the chip they use. I would have to a smaller less I/O unit with all the effects etc.

The reason is they couldn't create just a player due to the chip they use. I would have to a smaller less I/O unit with all the effects etc.

I don't know a whole lot about Kemper's architecture, but that still sounds a bit off to me. Even within the same family, you can easily find lower priced (and lower specced) versions of the same CPU/DSP cores - specially 12 years after the original hardware was released.

Other manufacturers have certainly done this to great success.

I don't know a whole lot about Kemper's architecture, but that still sounds a bit off to me. Even within the same family, you can easily find lower priced (and lower specced) versions of the same CPU/DSP cores - specially 12 years after the original hardware was released.

Other manufacturers have certainly done this to great success.
Apparently Moore’s Law doesn’t apply to Kemper….

While true, I feel you need to stack quite a few before you would notice. The last time I noticed this sort of latency was pairing a Boss wireless with VST plugins. Or using pitch shifters on some devices as those tend to add about 20+ ms latency.
Depends what they're using for converters...sticking the Mooer pitch pedal in the fx loop adds noticeable latency even to me, who constantly posts against latency purists

Back