Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Last edited:
200w.gif
Hmm... If I return my TI Boost, and sell my PG-14, I'm almost halfway to covering an FM3. :unsure: :whistle: :nails

Is it a responsible purchase if the biggest motivator is, "This'll finally shut those guys on TGF up." ;)

I'd be willing to bet that even if it were completely fabricated that IK is still planning on jamming the ToneX functionality into an X-pedal enclosure. It's a pretty logical step for them.

Defenitely. And regardless of whatever shortcomings, whether the leak was real or not, in case it's within any kind of "plausible" price range, it'll most defenitely sell like hotcakes. Better profiling/capturing than the Kemper, no stupid NDSP issues (such as no local backups, which I think are absolutely crucial for such a device), price placed anywhere between, say, 400-800 = instant sales. Lots of them.

1) Maybe it's possible to have 3 profiles loaded/cached simultaneously, that'd be a good way to give the user seamless/gapless switching.

2) At 400 or 500 street price, this should be an easy winner.

3) Fingers crossed for decent enough output level, this looks like a killer preamp!!!

4) That said, it does remind me of the Mooer Preamp Live in a way. Had one, and thought it was good enough, until it bricked itself out of the blue, during a recording session. I expect better quality/craftsmanship from IK than Mooer, though.

That said, it does remind me of the Mooer Preamp Live in a way. Had one, and thought it was good enough, until it bricked itself out of the blue

I had an eye on the Mooer as a cheap skater's and pedalboard friendly Kemper - but I kept reading just things like that. Apparently Mooer's QA is *really* bad with that particular unit.

1) Maybe it's possible to have 3 profiles loaded/cached simultaneously, that'd be a good way to give the user seamless/gapless switching.

2) At 400 or 500 street price, this should be an easy winner.

3) Fingers crossed for decent enough output level, this looks like a killer preamp!!!

4) That said, it does remind me of the Mooer Preamp Live in a way. Had one, and thought it was good enough, until it bricked itself out of the blue, during a recording session. I expect better quality/craftsmanship from IK than Mooer, though.
I am going to guess yes
It will be Banks of A B C but as someone mentioned earlier will there be a switching dropout or will it be seamless

Btw, if this was true...
Tonex Pedal....It_s REAL | The Gear Forum.jpg

it'd be a most horrible design decision.

I mean, it's bad enough that you can't exactly play while adjusting a knob, but you can at least hold a note/chord, do some hammering or even just strike the open strings. But in case you'd actually have to hold the knob down while tweaking another, you'd need both hands to adjust a single parameter. Yuck! All the way back into POD 1/2 territory.

Btw, if this was true...
View attachment 4014

I mean, it's bad enough that you can't exactly play while adjusting a knob, but you can at least hold a note/chord, do some hammering or even just strike the open strings. But in case you'd actually have to hold the knob down while tweaking another, you'd need both hands to adjust a single parameter. Yuck! All the way back into POD 1/2 territory.
I'd think you hold it for a couple seconds and the "ALT" LED in the middle of the display turns on to indicate the alt parameters are active.

Btw, if this was true...
View attachment 4014

I think that is for the things under the knobs you hold and it activates
The parameters under the knob
Basically just switches row
From bass mid treble
To rev comp depth pres

This is more and more looking like something I want to try. But not having owned a previous capture/profile device, how well does the eq work on these? Is it just post eq?

Yeah on the other X-series pedals you hold the Parameter knob to go to Setup menu.

I do think a dedicated button to toggle between ALT would have been nice but it's probably good enough considering you probably aren't messing with the EQ, comp and reverb all the time and use the tone model's EQ instead.

Hmm... If I return my TI Boost, and sell my PG-14, I'm almost halfway to covering an FM3. :unsure: :whistle: :nails

Is it a responsible purchase if the biggest motivator is, "This'll finally shut those guys on TGF up." ;)

So yesterday I saw an original Digitech Whammy on TGP for $325. I immediately checked Reverb to see comparable prices because I haven’t seen those for under $800 in decades. Sure enough, they’re all still priced pretty high, but the same WH-1 was listed there. As I took a minute to think about it, I hit up JT to mention the sweat pouring off my brow as I looked at a pedal I’ve coveted since I was 14 and even though I have a Whammy and all the Fractal whammy stuff, it’s the original.

I went to buy it and it was gone. It was listed for all of 3 minutes.

Life is too short, f*ck financial responsibility. Buy it.

I like Gasp but he definitely needs to just sit on his gear. There's no point flipping gear constantly if you keep buying the same things over and over. Just be okay with having a lot of stuff if that's what you want.

On the upside at least he does gig and use the gear.
I think he enjoys the flip game and to that I say to each his own.

When I give this ToneX pedal any serious thought, the first thing that gets in my head is, "But that's almost halfway to an FM3!" I think you made the right choice. :)
I’d take it over an FM3 because I can capture my amps and cabs that I own and like. Modelers like the FM3 and Helix have me dumpster dive parameters and IR’s to try and get there. If this thing really can capture my amps well then this with my H90 is a no brainer.

My "other place" TONEX FLOOR PEDAL thread got deleted with the following reason: " .... Info released early by dealer and not all correct .... " .

To make matters more concerning, the message advising me of this was done in such a way that it was not in any way possible to respond to the "deleter" to ask why / cloarify / question it / point out the illogical hypocrisy etc.... ?

Its a bl##dy forum for Digital Gear discussion ...... you could take down 100's / 1000's of posts speculating on gear if that was the criteria !?!?!?!?!

Quite surprised - in not at all a good way - to be honest.

Ben

Back