Thought about snagging a used FM3

In my head so far I want to use the 4 button MIDI for scenes and the 3 on board buttons as stomps and tuner but I really need it in front of me to figure the best way.

Watching Coming Soon GIF

In my head so far I want to use the 4 button MIDI for scenes and the 3 on board buttons as stomps and tuner but I really need it in front of me to figure the best way.

The FS implementation is nuts. You can go from Effects/Stomp mode to Presets or Scenes mode in two taps.

Tuner likewise! Made me realize 9 FSes are overkill. For me. :wat

I find it all idiot proof and seamless. If I don't have any issues with it and can get around then I am not sure
how or why anyone else would. :idk

I've always wondered about this but didn't want to derail any thread to ask. How is it integrating a midi controller into a current gen fractal device? I hear it's not as straightforward as a Helix but MIDI gonna MIDI
It's a mixed bag. If all you want to do is things like preset/scene etc changes, maybe some expression stuff, it will work fine. But it gets kinda annoying to program two devices vs using a FC that stays in sync, can be configured differently for per preset functionality and more. FC vs MIDI functionality is nowhere near 1:1 either, there's several things you cannot do via MIDI.

The big issue is the FC controllers are god damn expensive. I've got a used FC12 Mk1 which I paid a fair price for but the new price is just too much for me to justify. I'd rather buy a FM9 for more money than a FC12.

Back