Thought about snagging a used FM3

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Took a look around and people are asking way too much. Especially with the introduction of the MKII. Makes me want to send them this screen grab LOL

1690896404101.png

Welcome to that waitlist life bro! even though there isn't one currently I don't think

Welcome to that waitlist life bro! even though there isn't one currently I don't think

Eh I am waffling currently. I could buy a new one I guess. I am stuck between making it easy and getting the visceral experience of a good tube amp. Everything about my gigging life is screaming just make it easy, and then this little evil gnome is whispering in my ear that there's nothing better than a tube amp through a cab of V30's...

I am also bored with my Helix LT and looking for a change.

im sure it sounds great but the size would not work for me, probably would need the fc-6 and an expression pedal. might as well go fm9 at that point.
I think there is something to be said about the flexibility of a FM3 and FC6 tho. Would I prefer a FM9? Yes. But it is nice to be able to take apart your rig for what you need.

I honestly think you will be pleasantly surprised with what the 3 switches can do. It is nice to have it all laid out though!

Well if I get one, I will give the 3 switch thing a shot. I already have 2 good exp pedals so I'm set there. I also have a small MIDI controller. I havent even looked into if these things are controllable via MIDI.

I honestly think you will be pleasantly surprised with what the 3 switches can do.

Yeah, one thing i really liked about the FM3 is how long presses can be configured to do... well, anything. F.ex. i did scene changes with short presses and patch changes with long ones, which effectively worked the same as a 6-footswitch board would.

I wish Helix would support this feature.

I saw one on CList recently and almost bought it just because it was cheap. I forget the FAS price was 1099 though, so think the listing was 8 something so not actually an amazing deal. I sold mine for WAY more back in the day when people were losing their minds for them. I liked it, it’s just too big to be part of a larger rig for me and too underpowered for me as an all-in solution.

D

I saw one on CList recently and almost bought it just because it was cheap. I forget the FAS price was 1099 though, so think the listing was 8 something so not actually an amazing deal. I sold mine for WAY more back in the day when people were losing their minds for them. I liked it, it’s just too big to be part of a larger rig for me and too underpowered for me as an all-in solution.

D

Not so sure he will accept my offer. Just saw he claims it's "priced to sell". Yeah 100 bucks more than new is priced to sell. Thinking he's delusional.

Also once you stack tax + shipping + whatever, if you find a local one used instead it might end up being a bigger savings than $100 or so (about $300 difference for one I see here). Depends on how much scribble strips and 10% dsp are worth I guess

Back