This might be the end of digital for me

The cool thing about Apple is how much money they dump into R&D on things like Logic or their camera… It’s billions of dollars each year.

Heck logic pro 10.8 just added mastering capabilities.

Is it Ozone 11? No, but it was a gap that they’ve started to address well.

The cool thing about Apple is how much money they dump into R&D on things like Logic or their camera… It’s billions of dollars each year.

Would you expect anything else from a company being #1 on the stock market since ages? And it's certainly not billions going into that.

Attachments

• 1000_F_64490153_5KWuNzedpHyDm00vnWtwR9tP5RyV0fjw.jpg
    1000_F_64490153_5KWuNzedpHyDm00vnWtwR9tP5RyV0fjw.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 23
I've been using Apple for 23 yrs. No point in switching for me now. Yes, some of their stuff is expensive but I've enjoyed (and benefitted from) their products.

Planned obsolescence and completely unnecessary updates killing backwards compatibility and some of my beloved plugins have hit me more than once.
I'm all for sustainability and Apple is the opposite of that.

Run with it brother… Go start a company that marries your own personal ethics with your manufacturing business.

I’ll wait.

In the meantime, I need something that works.

So does Reaper.......
Logic comes with a lot of stuff while Reaper's plugins and whatnot are fairly rudimentary. For UI polish, Logic wins by a mile. Being cross-platform is a great strength for Reaper though as you are not locked into Apple.

Also Logic Pro seems to be a "buy once, upgrade forever" deal atm whereas Reaper is good for I think two major versions. So even if Reaper is only $60, over long enough time the price and feature set of Logic Pro might be a better deal.

Logic comes with a lot of stuff while Reaper's plugins and whatnot are fairly rudimentary. For UI polish, Logic wins by a mile. Being cross-platform is a great strength for Reaper though as you are not locked into Apple.

Also Logic Pro seems to be a "buy once, upgrade forever" deal atm whereas Reaper is good for I think two major versions. So even if Reaper is only $60, over long enough time the price and feature set of Logic Pro might be a better deal.

Logic Pro X at $199.00 is a steal imo

(I was expecting to spend a whole lot more. I suppose the cost of the hardware is the offset.)

Run with it brother… Go start a company that marries your own personal ethics with your manufacturing business.

I’ll wait.

In the meantime, I need something that works.

You're talking nonsense.
In case nobody ever speaks up, nothing will ever change.

Back