The Priest is back, baby!

Desert plains was frigging incredible live. Priest have their shitty songs, but they have made so much more awesome music.

I knew it was inevitable that on this Forum celebrating Judas Priest would be turned upon
its head.

:hmm

I'll play. :LOL:

Turbo. :oops:

I saw that Tour, too. :brick:facepalm

Some of their very Progressive early to mid 1970's stuff is legendary. To me. :chef

I have a Black Rose for you, JT! :rofl

I love Turbo
:bag:sofa:guiness

Same here. Had it on vinyl the day it was released, and I guess I was more Priest fanatic than metalhead, because I really liked it. It was different, but it was still Priest. The disconnect for me started with Ram It Down, and I wasn’t a huge fan of Painkiller. I’ve never been much for the heavier stuff, and when they went in that direction I refocused on their early period, which I still love to this day.

Same here. Had it on vinyl the day it was released, and I guess I was more Priest fanatic than metalhead, because I really liked it. It was different, but it was still Priest. The disconnect for me started with Ram It Down, and I wasn’t a huge fan of Painkiller. I’ve never been much for the heavier stuff, and when they went in that direction I refocused on their early period, which I still love to this day.
I think Ram it Down had some KILLER moments. It was marred by very dated production and those fake ass drums, imo. Painkiller is excellent as well but there are some dumber songs on there I don't dig.

Turbo is awesome. Ram it down has it's upsides (under blood red skies :chef). Painkiller is the metal gods showing everyone how it's done.

Holy shit, yes! Biggest surprise for me. I hoped they'd play it but was sure they wouldn't.
I think Hard As Iron and the title track are really good as well. Scott Travis could play the shit out of both of those \m/ Johnny B Goode and I'm A Rocker (Love Zone? :wat :poop:) are obviously absolute dreck.

I think Ram it Down had some KILLER moments. It was marred by very dated production and those fake ass drums, imo. Painkiller is excellent as well but there are some dumber songs on there I don't dig.

But Turbo is not. Seriously?? :popcorn

I can't figure none of you out, man!! :columbo

Back