The Priest is back, baby!

Man, gotta say I'm blown away. Like being transported back in time, yet the sound is modernized. How does this happen? Bitches been taking some serious geritol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Real music with intros and melodies and solos and a 72 year old teaching people how to sing! Amazing stuff.

Man, gotta say I'm blown away. Like being transported back in time, yet the sound is modernized. How does this happen? Bitches been taking some serious geritol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Real music with intros and melodies and solos and a 72 year old teaching people how to sing! Amazing stuff.

Exactly! It is impressive if they were 35 to 45 and in their physical prime.

Take their age and history into account and it blows my mind---and inspires
the F out of me. :chef

Seeing Priest live in 2022 was what got me back into playing the guitar after a few years off (and cost me several thousand in new gear :rofl). Faulkner was just so charismatic and looked so happy being there, as he probably would be after nearly dying on stage a few years ago. I've been a huge Halford fan since my young mind was blown by his solo albums. I still think he's the most extreme vocalist in all of metal and has done some absolutely insane stuff. If you haven't listened to his solo albums, you should check out Resurrection and Crucible. Handing out bullets is one of the heaviest songs ever recorded as far as I'm concerned.

Aaaanyway, the new album is awesome. I was a bit worried about the length, but I feel like there's not a filler in there. Firepower, while awesome, felt a bit padded out in comparison. A classic band still evolving. :chef

Seeing Priest live in 2022 was what got me back into playing the guitar after a few years off (and cost me several thousand in new gear :rofl).

I caught Priest live on their 2022 European tour as well, incredible show. Hearing Halford perform stuff like Painkiller live at 70+ years old was an amazing experience.

Last edited:
It’s a really good album that really as someone said prior is modern but still manages to sound like all the classic priest like you can hear stuff like the Hellion the big intros
Freewheel Burning Screaming for vengeance
And there is some older influence there to like Fight of your life sounds like a stained class era track
The amazing thing outside of the guitar tones and riffs is Halfords voice , on a track like Fight for your life you could almost be convinced it was an outtake from 20 years ago as Robs voice is just so strong and nostalgic , I found that on so many of the tracks
This could be from defenders
Or this could have been recorded for painkiller
I think that’s the coolest part it sounds like a record Priest could have made 10 years ago but it came out a week ago.

Could never really take JP seriously...... Living After Midnight, Breaking The Law??????
Surely you can believe that guys with this much leather and spikes are up to no good, and stay awake past midnight!

judas-priest-006.jpg

I LOVE Judas Priest and I would gladly never hear either of those songs ever again. So much more to their discography.

I suppose every band has recorded it's turkeys at some time or another, D'yer Mak'er by Led Zep springs to mind ( and Zep are my all time favourite band), but for whatever reason, I just could never get into Judas Priest.
But, hey, we can't all have the same tastes, I get that. 👍

Back