The Priest is back, baby!

Call me the oddball but how many Halford screams like this until you've heard enough? I did not make it thru the entire song and I go back to sad wings of destiny and my all time fav was 'Unleashed in the East'! Diamonds and rust!!! :beer This new stuff has no real vocal hooks or melody as they want to be accepted by the nu metal crowd I guess

Call me the oddball but how many Halford screams like this until you've heard enough? I did not make it thru the entire song and I go back to sad wings of destiny and my all time fav was 'Unleashed in the East'! Diamonds and rust!!! :beer This new stuff has no real vocal hooks or melody as they want to be accepted by the nu metal crowd I guess
Nu Metal

It is a bold move to try to follow up Firepower. Excellent album and a ton of work to measure up to. All the new songs I've heard have been good. Not quite Firepower good but damn good nonetheless.

Your comments about Firepower had me go back and listen to the entire album. I just didn't get
hit by it in the same way as the 2 songs I have heard from the forthcoming new album. :idk

I kind of feel like Richie is still finding himself as a writer. Like he still has growth, and is showing
it in the past year or two.

Been looking forward to this day for Moooooooooooonths! Why? :idk

Official Album Dropped today. I am up at 5:30AM this morning, just so I can listen
to the Full Album before starting my day. So f'ing good.

Long live The Priest!! :chef

Full Album Playlist below. :bana

They released a video for every song on the album :satan

I'm gonna dig in when I can. Blabbermouth link

I made my way through the Album once. Starting a second sesh while cooking dinner
and cleaning up the place in 3.... 2..... and.... :headbang

The Album comes out of the gates slammin'!!!

Heaviest first 3 to 4 tracks I have heard on a Priest Album in years, if not decades. :headbang

3rd time through the Album. Solid to exceptional. No duds or fillers. For me.

Those first 4 songs, though, are :headbang

Listening through this album on and off over the weekend. KILLER production. Sounds are sublime while being very modern.

Only minor quibble I can maybe make is the vocals are a hair too produced and effected here and there? That's nitpicking on my end really.

Songwriting is catchy. Which is very welcome. It is definitely a natural evolution of the post Downing-Tipton-Halford era, writing-wise (for obvious reasons) and it is a shift. Just as Firepower was.

As far as oranges to oranges goes; I'll take this x infinity over the last 10 boring-ass Maiden albums where they "do their own thing" and go down plodding 'progressive' pathways leading to nowhere.

Back