The Priest is back, baby!

Turbo is Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone" meets Hard Rock. :oops:

If that's your bag. You can have it. :grin

Even Rob, by all accounts, is not proud of Turbo. They fully embraced the
Synth Pop elements of the time... and mixed them into their production
and writing with less than stellar results. In my opinion. :idk

I like me some Synth Pop action. Just not in the context of Priest.
I just listened to the album and honestly that would be pretty decent - if it was made by someone who is not Judas Priest. Nobody would complain if it was by some glam rock band.

I just listened to the album and honestly that would be pretty decent - if it was made by someone who is not Judas Priest. Nobody would complain if it was by some glam rock band.

I need to revisit it. I love me some Synth and Drum Machines. Turbo is just a bit of a
sonic outlier in the Priest catalogue. For me. :idk

I also did not enjoy the Turbo show I saw them do in 1986. Priest and Aerosmith
are tied for worst live performance I have witnessed in my lifetime. They were not
hitting on all cylinders back then.

true romance smile GIF

They were so bad live. Nugent opened. Tyler could not make it through the show.
He passed out during the Intro to Dream On... and that was after taking 15 minutes
to get him out there to even attempt to play it.

Aerosmith bailed as a band after that. Crowd was losing their shit. So Ted came back on
and played for an extra hour.

The Nuge for the Motherfooking Win! :rawk

Seriously.
"KEEP PLODDING STEVE! PLOD PLOD PLOD PLOD NOW CROAK THE CHORUS (AKA THE TITLE OF THE SONG) 8 TIMES IN A ROW BRUCE! PLOD PLOD PLOD PLOD!"
Maiden needs to get back on whatever they were doing during Brave New World. Bruce's new solo album was a bit sucky as well. Blah

I long for the days when Roy Z made Rob and Bruce metal again. Some of the best albums either of them have ever put out came out just before they rejoined :chef

Martin Birch helped Maiden to heights they haven't approached since.

I agree on Bruce's new album. Not even Gus G could save it. :facepalm

Maiden needs to get back on whatever they were doing during Brave New World. Bruce's new solo album was a bit sucky as well. Blah

I long for the days when Roy Z made Rob and Bruce metal again. Some of the best albums either of them have ever put out came out just before they rejoined :chef
Agree completely. I tried listening to that new Bruce album BECAUSE of the Roy Z. association and I was disappointed. Those Dickinson solo albums were GREAT. Brave New World was a little same ol-same ol but it was still catchy and more in the historical spirit of Maiden when they were GOOD versus the crap they have done really since after that album.

Agree completely. I tried listening to that new Bruce album BECAUSE of the Roy Z. association and I was disappointed. Those Dickinson solo albums were GREAT. Brave New World was a little same ol-same ol but it was still catchy and more in the historical spirit of Maiden when they were GOOD versus the crap they have done really since after that album.
I had fairly high hopes because Roy Z was producing, but... ewww

Tell me this isn't some of the Metal Gods best vocals ever.

Mind blowing! :headbang

Excellent chorus :love It definitely has that produced vibe to the vocal. Will be interesting to see how it sounds live if they give it a go.

Back