The Priest is back, baby!

Long time Priest fan (had their entire catalog up to Turbo on vinyl). I’ve liked pretty much everything they have done, but wish they could bury the hatchet with KK.

I think the KK thing is not going to bring anything to the table to write better songs or have better soloing at this point. Nostalgia, certainly. Everything else; not so much.

That dude knows how to record metal guitars. The guitar sounds on this song (among the many feathers in his cap)
or so fucking stout and cutting in the best of ways. :chef
He gets some flak from time to time because of "cookie cutter tones/mixes/blahblahblah" and, while I get that overall thought; I feel like he has more than earned his place with both the legendary albums and artists he's worked with as well as his own playing skill that he has cemented his place amongst the metal gods :satan

Yup. That is in my Top 5 Metal Releases of 2023. I still listen to the entire album
at least once a week since its release----including yesterday afternoon. :banana

I can't wait for the entire Priest album to fall. Is it Feb. '24? :idk

I have seen clips of him live and he is using JCM800s, Friedmans and Wizards. Then he is with Marshall hyping the
2525H Studio Jubilee a couple of months back. I think @HotRats also owns that amp.

Didn't he also rep Engl for a bit?

His tones are right in the Melodic Hard Rock/Metal sweet spot for me. :love

Guess Richie Fucking Faulkner can use whatever the fuck he wants, whenever the fuck he wants. :LOL:

Back