The Pot Partaker's Lounge

Got an ounce for 37 bucks out the door last night. Mix of strains too, all pretty decent. Probably going to roll it into a few blunts for our show tonight and pick up another since the sale goes through the weekend. Shoulda just got 2 when I was there lol.

I went in to grab one I saw on their site for 75 and she was like we have 8 dollar eighths that are bogo that are the same quality level as that one you mentioned. Can't even believe it.. between the labor, electricity, and everything else it can't cost that much less to grow, even in huge quantities.

My buddy sells eighths of wax of 25 bucks. It's good too. We must be near the bottom, can't complain tho with everything else getting more and more expensive at least one thing is cheap lol

There is something about this current practice that doesn't sit well with me.
As I have worked in the industry for 20 years I can tell you this is a money loss somewhere.

Usually it's the supplier being undercut by big business grows, which drive the prices down, to drive the little ops out. This is not a good thing.

I believe that this is to push out competition, so they can raise prices later.....this is a gamble.

In my state they have already pushed out and closed so many businesses with these practices. This is why the legalization route was the wrong one ...this whole thing wasn't about making rich people more rich ...it was about access to medicine and the like....

But what do I know ...people love cheap weed ....

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

I will never go below 100 an o. And I still get takers.

P.S. I will also never go above 100, you get a free dozen eggs ...and we have a punch card system, so your 10th ounce is free.

With all that, I still lose money some months....but I don't do it for that.

Last edited:
Yea I fully aware I'm part of the problem and that it could eventually backfire into way less competition and higher prices. It's clear that the big guys with deep pockets are trying to push out the little guys.

I just don't know that me paying 100+ an ounce from a guy rather than a store would make any difference. I'm not going to be able to convince anyone else and yea that's an lame excuse but it's kinda reality too.

Everyone's got morals and a high horse until you got a family of 6 to support and just wanna smoke and have some fun with your very limited amount of free time lol

Yea I fully aware I'm part of the problem and that it could eventually backfire into way less competition and higher prices. It's clear that the big guys with deep pockets are trying to push out the little guys.

I just don't know that me paying 100+ an ounce from a guy rather than a store would make any difference. I'm not going to be able to convince anyone else and yea that's an lame excuse but it's kinda reality too.

Everyone's got morals and a high horse until you got a family of 6 to support and just wanna smoke and have some fun with your very limited amount of free time lol
I get it, and also not just some guy....but it's cool.....the guy that works his butt off supplying the dispensary is who I am.....and this put me out of my legitimate business, and I too have a family and property to support, now I cannot afford employees and have to do everything myself just to get by.

I completely understand, this is no moral high horse....it's reality .... There are consequences for everything I suppose, it's because this affected my family, that I take it so personal. It's exactly what I knew would happen. I put quality first, and the customers come to me now....I will survive.

You do you, I am not judging, just trying to show what those cheap prices do to real people.

(Edit: no judgement, seriously. I get it. I have cheap Chinese clones on my board...but that's because I can't afford anything better, so then I have to build myself. It's a cycle.)

Last edited:
Came across some pics of my last indoor plants a few years ago....thought this close up was nice.

Screenshot_20240803-185555_Photos.jpg

I have an old Jeweler's Glass and it is fascinating to look at flower/buds through it.

Talk about Fractals!! :love
I use the jewelers loupe to examine the resin on the surface when looking to harvest. I had been told by my friend who has been doing this professionally for 28 years that when 5-10% of the glands start turning brown, that is the ideal harvest time.

Great photo @likitlikeyoulikeit !

I use the jewelers loupe to examine the resin on the surface when looking to harvest. I had been told by my friend who has been doing this professionally for 28 years that when 5-10% of the glands start turning brown, that is the ideal harvest time.

Great photo @likitlikeyoulikeit !
It all depends on what you want ...And honestly, it's strain dependant and end use dependent....but that is a way

Thanks....I do enjoy these silly type of things...a lot.

And on this particular harvest....I waited until the 50/50 mark.....but I like a strong buzz... especially from nice organic indoor.....mmmmmmm yummmy.

Now that I grow mainly outside, I don't really get a choice, due to weather...and now, after so long..I can just tell when it's perfect...just by getting close enough and looking.

Last edited:
I haven't heard a Harley around here since I sold my 84 about 4 or 5 years ago ... I know better now ...I have enough expensive habits, can't do the HD roller coaster no more ....😅

Honestly, even if I gave you directions, you would probably get lost.
But thank you ... I am glad people enjoy it ...I'll let you all know when to show up come Oct. You can all help with the hard part!

I haven't heard a Harley around here since I sold my 84 about 4 or 5 years ago ... I know better now ...I have enough expensive habits, can't do the HD roller coaster no more ....😅

Honestly, even if I gave you directions, you would probably get lost.
But thank you ... I am glad people enjoy it ...I'll let you all know when to show up come Oct. You can all help with the hard part!

I don't ever get lost. I just find new roads to travel. :beer

And if you need any assistance let me know. I am discreet, elusive, and experienced. :LOL:

I don't ever get lost. I just find new roads to travel. :beer

And if you need any assistance let me know. I am discreet, elusive, and experienced. :LOL:
I always felt the same way ...never used gps or maps, thanks Dad .

My dad passed on that to me, we used to get shit all the time, but we always knew where we were.

We didn't like taking the same way twice, and we rode a lot.

Thanks for the offer, who knows, if many more of these bitches go over the fence, I may have to. 🤣

Weekly pics.

Whole garden in 2 halves.

Then the 10 footer....with a 6ft 2 inch me.

Then the weird purple plant. "1st Ascent" is the strain..... everything but the leaves are purple....yes it's healthy, just the genetics.....no problem, just way different....can't wait to see what it's about.... supposedly it is a supreme indica....with astronomical percentages.....we shall see.
Screenshot_20240813-143240_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240813-143251_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240813-143316_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240813-143712_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240813-143749_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240813-143749_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240813-143749_Gallery.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Back