The Pot Partaker's Lounge

Hearing all of these strain names takes me back to my days living in CO.

GG is one of my personal favorites.
Yeah, this year had a theme....but I got some shitty seeds that didn't germinate, so it put a damper on my excitement, but I started back ups I had saved, and recovered nicely.

The theme for this year was connoisseur cannabis of the last 40 years.....start with wowie...tried to get Panama red.....but yeah ..I think it represents the past few decades well anyway....and then I did a Michigan bred strain that is killer, and I have grown for 3 years running....damn seeds cost 150 bucks....

But yep, that was the aim....good weed we remember basically. Even got some girl scout cookies. Another random one I like called KO Breath.

Last edited:
When I went to see family down along the Michigan/Indiana border I found
out my cousin sold his home and personal training business to a dispensary
franchise. He slayed on that deal. Like massive $$$. They then bulldozed his
home and business within a week.

Since Marijuana is legal in Michigan, but not in Indiana, those border regions
are being flooded with Big Money coming in to set up dispensaries. My Uncle
was once Mayor of the last town in Michigan before you hit the Indiana border
and he said the Township has issued 47 licenses to dispensaries. 47!! That's
more than exist in Detroit proper.

I am glad we have State's rights, but I can't help but think if this matter were
solved and addressed on the Federal level you would not have these issues
where out-of-state citizens are flooding border towns to purchase Pot and
then take back home to resell on the Black Market. :idk

When I went to see family down along the Michigan/Indiana border I found
out my cousin sold his home and personal training business to a dispensary
franchise. He slayed on that deal. Like massive $$$. They then bulldozed his
home and business within a week.

Since Marijuana is legal in Michigan, but not in Indiana, those border regions
are being flooded with Big Money coming in to set up dispensaries. My Uncle
was once Mayor of the last town in Michigan before you hit the Indiana border
and he said the Township has issued 47 licenses to dispensaries. 47!! That's
more than exist in Detroit proper.

I am glad we have State's rights, but I can't help but think if this matter were
solved and addressed on the Federal level you would not have these issues
where out-of-state citizens are flooding border towns to purchase Pot and
then take back home to resell on the Black Market. :idk
Doesn't bother me.

I have absolutely no love for dispensaries. Sorry.

I'm actually not really content with the way it was handled, after a certain point...I am pretty sure that a lot of the commercial side wasn't ever truly on the level and some very unfair practices have been present for some time.

I am part of the control your own medicine crowd. The one that thinks that decriminalization was actually a better answer.... because now the states decisions are motivated by sin tax revenue....not the original access to medicine stance that was taken at the beginning...but big money gonna big money.

I only concern myself with my own legal garden...and am very thankful I have that. Makes the time in the service feel worth it...like at least now, we have the freedom to enjoy this wonderful plant without any stress from law.

(Edit: in hindsight it sounds like I may be being a bit shitty, but I'm not )

Last edited:
I am part of the control your own medicine crowd. The one that thinks that decriminalization was actually a better answer....

I thought that was what I insinuated in my post. :idk

I haven't thought about it nearly as deeply as you have. :LOL:Just sharing a view/experience I
was completely unaware of until a couple of weeks ago. I had no idea that small towns
bordering States where Marijuana is still mostly (or all) illegal were being swamped by
dispensaries. I know my Uncle is not a fan----even if it profited his own Son immensely.

Everything has unintended consequences---even the best/worst decisions. :idk

I thought that was what I insinuated in my post. :idk

I haven't thought about it nearly as deeply as you have. :LOL:Just sharing a view/experience I
was completely unaware of until a couple of weeks ago. I had no idea that small towns
bordering States where Marijuana is still mostly (or all) illegal were being swamped by
dispensaries. I know my Uncle is not a fan----even if it profited his own Son immensely.

Everything has unintended consequences---even the best/worst decisions. :idk
Oh exactly....I almost bet...that's why Ohio flipped anyway, because they would lose all that revenue.

I'm not begrudging anyone making money...get it. I just watched a movement I was a part of, get co opted by business interests and gadget peddlers.

But, glad I don't have those problems.

Sorry if I came off gruff, I sometimes can... I suppose.....or I have forum PTSD.

Revenge Of The Nerds 80S GIF
Y'all are weed nerds. :LOL:

Even though I have a medical license and can grow my own, and did really well at it for the one crop I have done with my medical license, I leave it to a friend who has been doing it professionally since 1996. I get z's for a benjamin. Not worth my time to grow myself when I have a trusted friend who I know produces only the finest and let's me smoke really cheap! We are actually doing a trade thing right now, eggs from my laying hens for buds from his garden ;~)) I LOVE growing it and I LOVE the plant, but at the moment, I would rather spend my free time on music related tasks than gardening. With the way I baby them and give them my attention like they are lost children, it's just not worth it for me at the moment! I would love to have a budologist working the land here growing me some strains, but I smoke an ounce every 6-8 weeks. So 10 plants, and I got a healthy 2+ ounces off of each plant after fully dried, trimmed, cured, that is enough for me to last 40 months or something. I gave more away of that crop than I smoked. And I don't want to grow just 1 plant. I MAY have grown something that MAY have resembled a cannabis plant several other times in my life, all indoor, but those were different times with different priorities on how I wanted to spend my time!!! Anyway, I am ramblin', keep on growin' folk!!!

Even though I have a medical license and can grow my own, and did really well at it for the one crop I have done with my medical license, I leave it to a friend who has been doing it professionally since 1996. I get z's for a benjamin. Not worth my time to grow myself when I have a trusted friend who I know produces only the finest and let's me smoke really cheap! We are actually doing a trade thing right now, eggs from my laying hens for buds from his garden ;~)) I LOVE growing it and I LOVE the plant, but at the moment, I would rather spend my free time on music related tasks than gardening. With the way I baby them and give them my attention like they are lost children, it's just not worth it for me at the moment! I would love to have a budologist working the land here growing me some strains, but I smoke an ounce every 6-8 weeks. So 10 plants, and I got a healthy 2+ ounces off of each plant after fully dried, trimmed, cured, that is enough for me to last 40 months or something. I gave more away of that crop than I smoked. And I don't want to grow just 1 plant. I MAY have grown something that MAY have resembled a cannabis plant several other times in my life, all indoor, but those were different times with different priorities on how I wanted to spend my time!!! Anyway, I am ramblin', keep on growin' folk!!!
I get it ..I'm at 100 an o too. All dAy.

My crew and I go through 12 zips a month between the three of us.....so, it is cheaper to grow...for me. It isn't profitable, with labor factored in, but either is music.

If I got 2 ounces net from one of my plants, I would die. I got to get at least an elbow.....at least!

But ... I have a very select clientele, and I do ok.

I get it ..I'm at 100 an o too. All dAy.

My crew and I go through 12 zips a month between the three of us.....so, it is cheaper to grow...for me. It isn't profitable, with labor factored in, but either is music.

If I got 2 ounces net from one of my plants, I would die. I got to get at least an elbow.....at least!

But ... I have a very select clientele, and I do ok.
I hear you on the yield! And I have never once had a 14 foot high, 12 foot wide, 22 foot around plant!! What was your yield on that monster? Mine were all grown in pots in a semi enclosed shack I built for them. Tallest was about 4ft but like I said, produced way more than I am going to smoke. Love your set up and congrats on keeping the dream alive for you, mom and pops ;~))

I hear you on the yield! And I have never once had a 14 foot high, 12 foot wide, 22 foot around plant!! What was your yield on that monster? Mine were all grown in pots in a semi enclosed shack I built for them. Tallest was about 4ft but like I said, produced way more than I am going to smoke. Love your set up and congrats on keeping the dream alive for you, mom and pops ;~))
Seriously, I'm not trying to brag, please understand this. I have been in some circles where some do not believe me. But I must preface this with a statement.

When I get into something I love, and it responds to what I do with it....I get more into it....that's what cannabis is for me....I just got better and better over time....and learned from doing and watching....and asking a lot of questions...and then realizing there are MANY right ways .

I grow specifically for our unique micro climate.....this includes trying to pick strains that fit our area and are resistant to certain things.

My dad and I routinely grew plants 12 foot every year....and that is with topping them, His method.

One year, in a new plot...as I grow in the ground....I added a good deal of amendments, like chicken waste compost, and other organic matter. Really went to town on my myco inoculation, and azomite.

Then I tried the aerated tea method, drip irrigation...and I grew some monsters...with the trellis, I can train and manifold like crazy.

This is why I built the new garden....I needed the space!

This one was unmanageable. I had to get on a ladder to spray it with dr zymes. I'm over 6 foot tall and it was twice my size easy.....in veg. Wife has a picture somewhere.

No lie ....after drying and curing ....no one will believe me. 4 and 2/3 pounds. One plant. Could not believe it......still can't .... haven't grown one that big since.

Also, when someone gets an ounce from me, they get a free dozen farm fresh eggs. 😉

Last edited:
Haha! I never wake and bake. :sofa

Has my Membership been revoked???

I am a chronic Yoga, Meditate, Do Not Induce Noise In The
Early Hours adopter, though. :LOL:
I honestly have not done the wake and bake for decades with any consistency! Probably twice a year I may do so and when I do, I just laugh at how stoned I get compared to smoking at night!! First time I ever put the brakes on smoking was when I first started smoking (15 yrs old). I would smoke for 3 months and quit for 3 months because I found that after 3 months of smoking, I just was not getting very stoned, but if I quit for a bit, then the "real" highs would come back and I NEEDED to get the good buzz for my dollars as a broke kid ;~))

Back