The great purge is happening

Why so cryptic? Aren't you a working theater musician? I smell room for something new?

I’ve got a two week break between shows so I’m taking the opportunity to make changes. Something new will be coming in, but I haven’t 100% decided yet.

I thought you liked the divided by 13.
Anyway, good luck with the sale!

I do really love the /13!

It’s a long story, but I had a big epiphany this week that made me realize I needed to move in a different direction.

Soooo whats coming in? Did @JiveTurkey threaten to ban you if you don't get a Badlander?

Haha, I think it just has to be a Mesa to be allowed to stay?

Why GC? They’ll rape you on the stuff.

Because I’ve spent 3 months trying to sell stuff on my own and I’m tired of it. I’m tired of keeping up with all the ways people are trying to scam me, dealing with low-ballers and tire kickers, finding boxes and shipping supplies, driving across town to FedEx, lugging big boxes around, praying that it actually arrives in one piece, or meeting people for sketchy parking lot deals…

I’d rather take the hit than keep dealing with all of that.

Plus in three months I’ve barely been able to move anything and I’ve only got two more weeks to get a rig ready for shows.

I’ve got a two week break between shows so I’m taking the opportunity to make changes. Something new will be coming in, but I haven’t 100% decided yet.

hahahahaha the thought of this gives me straight anxiety. :rofl I suppose worse case scenario you can just grab something you know will get you through the gig(s), I certainly respect the throwing caution to the wind aspect of it. Definitely curious about the epiphany you had as well! Good luck, man!

I do really love the /13!

It’s a long story, but I had a big epiphany this week that made me realize I needed to move in a different direction.

Haha, I think it just has to be a Mesa to be allowed to stay?

Spill the beans, Mijo. We want all the deets! :LOL:

I have only purged one time, in my 20s. It was a bloody mess, and my neighbours paid the ultimate price. :crazy

I admire your willingness to take the leap. You have a boatload of technique/ability and a great ear, so
you are not trading in/purging the most essential elements. No doubt you'll land on your feet no matter
what you end up with. :beer

Because I’ve spent 3 months trying to sell stuff on my own and I’m tired of it. I’m tired of keeping up with all the ways people are trying to scam me, dealing with low-ballers and tire kickers, finding boxes and shipping supplies, driving across town to FedEx, lugging big boxes around, praying that it actually arrives in one piece, or meeting people for sketchy parking lot deals…

I’d rather take the hit than keep dealing with all of that.

Plus in three months I’ve barely been able to move anything and I’ve only got two more weeks to get a rig ready for shows.
I guess I can understand that. I had so many lowball offers on a bass I just donated it to the high school. Takes time and persistence to get what stuff is nearly worth.

Yeah, I’ve grown to hate selling stuff so much that I’ve just been keeping it around more. Which means buying less, which is ultimately for the better, for me.

Has made me pretty selective with what I actually decide to spend money on, in that I don’t want the hassle of selling or even returning it.

Last edited:
dealing with tire kickers
Can you tell me a bit more about that gold tele? Asking for a friend named @JiveTurkey :D

Good luck! My local(ish) GC really isn't so bad. I get about 60-65% what I would have sold it for on Reverb, don't have to pay and fees to anyone, don't have to deal with shipping/tracking/listing. Digital modelers and pedals I know I can move for >$200 are almost always worth listing for me to list. But guitars and amps where you get all the low-ballers, all the million questions, the shipping is a pain, after shipping I'm following tracking the whole time and crossing my fingers the person on the other end doesn't disagree with my description (or something happening during shipping), etc.? Not to brag, but...my time and energy are usually worth at least as much as Iose just dropping the stuff off at GC.

I told a tirekicker to go fuck himself via email after eating up my time and energy with questions. Ugh....

How about you do your research BEFORE you contact me and ask questions you could get
answered by a quick Google search, and someone not named me. :facepalm

Back