The Final Countdown. Need help. GAS check please

Fork you, I won’t do what you tell me! -RATM.

But I have found that if lemmings abhor it, the wolf might have found his steak.
You’re never going to learn about what the QC is like in your hands compared to the Axe-Fx III by reading about it.

I will tell you for me the III still has it on the Neural DSP plugins, however the NDSP plugins are pretty good all in all in the DAW.

You’re never going to learn about what the QC is like in your hands compared to the Axe-Fx III by reading about it.

I will tell you for me the III still has it on the Neural DSP plugins, however the NDSP plugins are pretty good all in all in the DAW.
True. In my hands is way more important to me compared to plugins… not sure how that I a dealmaker…

Fractal Axe FXIII users who tried the Neural Quad Cortex. I’m about to pull the trigger. Which did you prefer and why? Pretty please!
I had both side by side
Keep in mind my experience w Neural was a the very beginning ( I was tier 1) so it was first firmware and there was a ton of stuff missing especially on the FX side

The straight up amp tones actually
Were pretty good some I would say better than others and some as good as my Fractal tones the Freidman HBE was great as was most of the Marshall or EL34 based models

I thought the Recto /SLO and Deizels were all pretty poor

Touch screen was ok but if you are expecting IPhone levels of accuracy or response I would say no
The Headrush was better for that

Finally and the most annoying thing and probably what lead me to selling was the ground noise

Against the FM3 I though most of the Fractal tones were as good
Some better , and FX no contest

I had both side by side
Keep in mind my experience w Neural was a the very beginning ( I was tier 1) so it was first firmware and there was a ton of stuff missing especially on the FX side

The straight up amp tones actually
Were pretty good some I would say better than others and some as good as my Fractal tones the Freidman HBE was great as was most of the Marshall or EL34 based models

I thought the Recto /SLO and Deizels were all pretty poor

Touch screen was ok but if you are expecting IPhone levels of accuracy or response I would say no
The Headrush was better for that

Finally and the most annoying thing and probably what lead me to selling was the ground noise

Against the FM3 I though most of the Fractal tones were as good
Some better , and FX no contest
Dicks gonna dick. Thank you.

QC will never be able to beat the dynamics of the III even just based on oversampling differences alone.

But maybe you’ll really like it. :D

QC will never be able to beat the dynamics of the III even just based on oversampling differences alone.

But maybe you’ll really like it. :D
So oversampling is more important than the base algorithm? We can take a lesser model and over sample it until it’s better that a solid model? Is that your position? Let’s oversample a Pod Pocket 8x and sweep the floor with an AxeFX-III right?

So oversampling is more important than the base algorithm? We can take a lesser model and over sample it until it’s better that a solid model? Is that your position? Let’s oversample a Pod Pocket 8x and sweep the floor with an AxeFX-III right?
That’s not my position.

Axe-Fx III has the QC beat in just about any other conceivable comparison modeling development wise. Unless you prefer a snapshot that’s not completely accurate to the source.

Dicks gonna dick. Thank you.
Wut ? I thought I answered your question
If you have a specific inquiry let me know
I gave you my honest answer that’s some of the models are very good
But I can’t sugar coat it and say it amazing cause that would be dishonest

You may love it , many do

That’s not my position.

Axe-Fx III has the QC beat in just about any other conceivable comparison modeling development wise. Unless you prefer a snapshot that’s not completely accurate to the source.
I think some fractals models might be better. I’m not entirely convinced they are all better based on the fact that most Fractal revisions include Capacitor corrections and improved modeling in x, y and z parameters. Constant revisions don’t indicaton superiority or perfection… just development. If you consider constant FW updates that address previous short comings Fractal is King. Just look for the latest vXX.06 beta.

I think some fractals models might be better. I’m not entirely convinced they are all better based on the fact that most Fractal revisions include Capacitor corrections and improved modeling in x, y and z parameters. Constant revisions don’t indicaton superiority or perfection… just development. If you consider constant FW updates that address previous short comings Fractal is King. Just look for the latest vXX.06 beta.
Do you currently own a Marshall Code?

Wut ? I thought I answered your question
If you have a specific inquiry let me know
I gave you my honest answer that’s some of the models are very good
But I can’t sugar coat it and say it amazing cause that would be dishonest

You may love it , many do
You answered it faithfully and thanks. I was merely frustrated with those that seem to have an agenda. Do you think the Neural Cortex is a complete POS?

You answered it faithfully and thanks. I was merely frustrated with those that seem to have an agenda. Do you think the Neural Cortex is a complete POS?
No, I don’t
I think it has room for improvement just like all of the top tier units
But I would certainly rank it up there as a top modelling product and I actually preferred it to Helix as far as the tones go

I'd consider the Quad Cortex a step backwards from your current gear, but that's just me....

Like I said early on you should buy one to figure things out for yourself.

Back