The Final Countdown. Need help. GAS check please

I just concluded I'm sending mine back. Sticking with the Axe-Fx. Shoot, if 3.2 is hype, I might pick up a full-fat Helix. Here are my reasons:
  1. First and foremost, I just don't think it sounds good. Amps are smeary--some in the high end, some in the low end. Drives feel flat. Delays and Reverbs are bland. Captures sound good, but they don't feel good. I was pleased with the sound of my Captures, but they were so uninspiring to the touch.
  2. The Wifi is weak and has the memory of a goldfish. I'm sick of typing in my Wifi password every time I want to load an IR or download a Capture. The downloading process is its own circle of hell. "Error getting starred products: (-1)" flashes in my nightmares.
  3. Then after I type my password in for the umpteenth time, I'm greeted by the worst file management system ever.
  4. The UI is confusing. And that's come from an Axe user. I could never develop muscle memory because of the inconsistencies in the UI.
I tried to enjoy this device and see the good in it. I was hoping 2.0 would drop before the hammer did, but frankly, I'm not having fun with it, and who knows how many firmware updates (and years) it will take to get the QC to a point where I can enjoy it.

Buy the QC and send it back if you don’t like it.

It’s not a “bad” device, just very rough around the edges. Lots of QOL stuff packed in 2.0 but who the hell knows when it will drop. Their post launch modeling has been really good, but it’s going to lag behind Fractal in terms of amps and effects. Depends how much the captures, form factor, and UI matter to you.

I keep stumbling across this here. What the heck is an FB MKII??? Is Mark Zuckerberg involved?
Firebox Mk II. That I think he is waiting on a RMA for? He wants me to buy one so I can complain yet again about fixed signal chain, weird sounding Mesa Mark, weird sounding Recto, and a way too complex for what it is effects section.

:bag

I keep stumbling across this here. What the heck is an FB MKII??? Is Mark Zuckerberg involved?
Firebox Mk II. That I think he is waiting on a RMA for? He wants me to buy one so I can complain yet again about fixed signal chain, weird sounding Mesa Mark, weird sounding Recto, and a way too complex for what it is effects section.

I think the confusion is the conventional abbreviation is AFB MkII. Ampli-Firebox.

Thank you! I kept trying figure out which Fractal product I could wedge into the proverbial square hole.

swimming-pool.gif

Back