The Collection/Couch Shot Thread

Yeah at this point I'm just collecting infinity stones. It's nice to have options and switch things up

But if I had to live with only my guitars/amps/pedals that I currently have I'm still more than set for life lol

Same, I describe it as “The novelty period”. I have all the stuff I “need” to do what I want, so my purchases now are just for the fun of it/I really love guitars.

Update

5B756A47-925A-4506-8E26-7B6238E8F2D1.jpeg

Right now I’m just gassing for a white version of the Edwards LP Custom I already have. I’m going to try to get rid of this Deluxe Reverb so I can get one. It’s pretty rare I’ve jones’d for a guitar this hard, especially when I already have the same thing just in a different color. I’m just scared the prices are going to jump up once everyone realizes they stopped making them last year.

Altight, finally got a breather from work, to line these all up. Descriptions below each pic:

7FEE18B1-8FD2-42F7-89EF-2D6DBBF810EC.jpeg

From Left to Right:

1990 PRS CE24, Alder body, all original
2005 PRS Navarro Sig, Duncan JB/Jazz set, graphtech saddles
2004 PRS Custom 24, rosewood neck option, Duncan JB/Jazz set, graphtech saddles

EB69B13A-AE71-4E88-933B-6A9534D356B8.jpeg

Teisco/Whatever Jaguar-ish. It is the same as my first electric guitar, that I found on Reverb, and I just wanted to have it again. #midlifecrisis

Yamaha AES820: it was a one-off, sparkle finish and black satin neck, made for Elderly Music, and it was signed by Sammy Hagar, but it slowly rubbed off over the years. I won it from an online contest. It has DiMarzios in it, but doesn't sound that great, and has a little less output than my other guitars, so I've never really gigged it, but I want to.

C8B3DE27-B902-40E6-9EC9-6370605C51D2.jpeg

Top Row:

Ibanez Blazer: I had a Marshall DSL40C combo that I wasn't using, it was hanging in Ash, in really good shape, so, I traded for it. It's actually a good backup gigging guitar.

Ibanez RG410 in Cherry Ice: another midlife crisis guitar, I just wanted it, so I bought it off Reverb. I think I gigged it twice in the last 4 years or so. I put a Duncan 59 in it, but one day I'm going to take that out, definitely not the right pickup for that guitar.

Ibanez RG520QSTB: this is my, "I grew up playing my friends' RG's, while I played Kramers and Vandenbergs, and I always wanted an Ibanez/RG" guitar, lol. I bought it in 2001 and have gigged it sparingly over the years. It has a JB in the bridge, and a Tone Vise Pitch Shifter on it, but I may take that off.

Bottom Row:

Frankenstrat/Babacaster: I had a neck laying around, for years, so I decided to get a body for it and build a guitar, so, I found a loaded American Strat body from Stratosphere, then bought my own loaded pickguard with a Jazz and 59 in the bridge, from 920D, and put graphtech saddles on it, and voila. It's a great gigger.

Balaguer SD: an early limited run Joe did for us on Guitar Gear Forum, (which used to be Guitar Amp Board). the guys on the board spec'd it out, and a bunch of us ordered them. This one is serial #13

Carvin Contour 66: I saw this for a good price in a GC, and always wanted a spalted maple topped guitar, so I bought it. It currently has a D-Tuna on it, but I may take that off. I forget which pickups are in this one. I find it a little odd, because it's a Carvin, with a Floyd, but still has Kiesel locking tuners at the headstock

Godin Summit CT: bone stock except graphtech saddles, this is one of the best guitars I've ever bought. Total gigger, sounds as close to an LP as you can get, without buying one. I think I'm going to send this neck to Aperio Guitars for a stainless steel refret soon.

ESP EC-1000T in Amber Satin: traded one of my old Godins for this one off Craigslist. It has pretty much become my #1, and I just got it back from Aperio who did a stainless steel refret on it. This one is a 2020 model, they started using stainless in 2021. Bone stock, great weight, great neck.

PRS Tremonti SE: I bought this off Craigslist for $500.00, which, I thought was a great deal, because the guy had severely upgraded it with a Mann USA bridge, a Tusq nut, DiMarzio pickups, and locking tuners. Great gigging guitar. It's a bit on the heavier side, but the neck, fit and finish, and playability are wonderful. It has the Petrucci set in it, and I've been thinking about changing that out over the years, but I may just leave it alone.

Greco LP Custom: what a wonderful example of an LP. Plays great, sounds great. I did replace the bridge/tailpiece and tuners with newer versions, but it's bone stock other than that. Tone for days. I'm pretty sure it's a 90's Korean made one due to the square nut, fretboard material, and truss rod cover, but honestly, I've never looked because I don't care. This thing slays.

Harley Benton SC-550 II PAF: I found this on Craigslist. It does feel "cheaper" than my other guitars, but it's a nice alternative for the LP vibe with a much lighter weight, stainless steel frets, and Pau Ferro fretboard. I haven't felt the need to change pickups yet.

Last edited:
I added descriptions :giggle:
Helluva collection, wow!!

How's the JB/Jazz in the CU24? I can't stand the 85/15's in my CU24 unless I turn the volume down to like 5-6. Which I guess isn't the end of the world, it's just weird that I have to.

How's the JB/Jazz in the CU24? I can't stand the 85/15's in my CU24 unless I turn the volume down to like 5-6. Which I guess isn't the end of the world, it's just weird that I have to.

I’m only laughing because I just removed a JB/59 and replaced them with an 81/85. :ROFLMAO:

It was mostly because I bought the guitar knowing I was going to do that, but I wasn’t a fan of the JB in a guitar I was primarily going to play chugga chugga metal on. Just wasn’t tight enough with the low end and got a bit tubby for the way I dial in amps.

The Jazz is fine, but I don't spend much time on the neck pickup to have ever analyzed it that much.

For ME, the JB ends up being a little too much in the mids, for this guitar but I'm going for more of a vintage/lower output/clarity LP vibe, (think Duncan 59/PAF style), these days. I like the JB's more in an alder/ash and bolt on maple neck shredder, like a Charvel So-Cal/San Dimas, than I do on these mahogany neck/body PRSi. That combination of mahogany body/neck wood mixed with the CU24 scale length tends to get into a congested and undefined mids area for me.

For a higher output/shreddy vibe, I actually like the HFS that came stock with them more than the JB.

Back