The Collection/Couch Shot Thread

One of these days I gotta get up there. I’ll be in Daytona for Rockville but that’s going to be a get in and get the f*ck home immediately after kinda deal.

Well it doesn’t have to be! They need to move Rockville back to Jax.

Well it doesn’t have to be! They need to move Rockville back to Jax.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the racetrack’s layout is too perfect for them to move it. It’s laid out so conveniently you can get away from all the people if you want to and there’s so much room for vendors and toilets you’re never in line the whole weekend.

I got giddy about them moving Fort Rock to Fort Lauderdale consistently, we got it in 2018 and it was a huge success, but nothing since!

OK, no couches here, but this is most of my stringed instrument collection!

PRSi
PRS_Collection_2022Apr14_03.jpg

L to R:
2021 PRS Core CU24
2021 PRS PS CU24 (built for 2021 Winter NAMM)
2021 PRS McCarty Hollowbody II Wood Library (one piece maple top and back, bookmatched front to back)

Other Electrics
Electrics_001.jpg

Electrics_002.jpg

Sorry about the redundancy on the two PRSi.
L to R:
2006 Hwy 1 Fender Strat
1969(?) Eko Kadett
2021 PRS McCarty Hollowbody II (duplicate of one in first pic)
2021 PRS Core CU24 (duplicate of one in first pic)

Bass Guitars
Basses_001.jpg

Basses_002.jpg

2005 EBMM Stingray in Lava Pearl (picture does not do it justice - upgraded all hardware to black in 2021)
1989 Steinberger XM2T (I have owned it since 1991 - bass with locking trans trem)

Acoustics
Acoustics_001.jpg

Acoustics_002.jpg

2020 Martin J-40
Carlos (from Korea - paid $20 for this guitar at a rummage sale WITH a Martin hard shell case included - better action than either of my Martins, but lackluster tone)
1971 Martin D12-20 (owned since 1991)
2005 Kelii Koa Ukulele (USA made, they are now made overseas I do believe)

The PRS Hollowbody is my daily player. In my hands 95% of the time that I am playing. Love them all like the treasures that they are!

Holy cow!!!!

That hollow body II tho :love

I was just going to comment on that one. That top is ridiculous!
I had wanted a PRS for many years but always talked myself out of it! Too nice a guitar for my skill level, too expensive considering it is just a hobby, I am not worthy, etc. In Jan '21, I decided to put all those arguments aside (as valid as they may still be) and it changed my life when I got that HBII. I had been searching for about a month and as soon as I saw that one (Ish Guitars), I purchased it within an hour. After receiving it, I said to myself, OMG, I have never had a guitar that plays so well, which led me to the pair of CU24's which I acquired in the 4 months following the receipt of the HBII. All 3 of my PRSi have had upgrades since these pix were taken. Tuner buttons, knobs, TRC's, backplates, etc. so they all look even better than they did here ;~)) Glad y'all like it as much as I do! I have only seen 3 other PRS HB's that have one piece tops and none of them had bookmatched backs!!!

OK, no couches here, but this is most of my stringed instrument collection!

PRSi
View attachment 5328

L to R:
2021 PRS Core CU24
2021 PRS PS CU24 (built for 2021 Winter NAMM)
2021 PRS McCarty Hollowbody II Wood Library (one piece maple top and back, bookmatched front to back)

Other Electrics
View attachment 5329
View attachment 5331
Sorry about the redundancy on the two PRSi.
L to R:
2006 Hwy 1 Fender Strat
1969(?) Eko Kadett
2021 PRS McCarty Hollowbody II (duplicate of one in first pic)
2021 PRS Core CU24 (duplicate of one in first pic)

Bass Guitars
View attachment 5332
View attachment 5333
2005 EBMM Stingray in Lava Pearl (picture does not do it justice - upgraded all hardware to black in 2021)
1989 Steinberger XM2T (I have owned it since 1991 - bass with locking trans trem)

Acoustics
View attachment 5334
View attachment 5335
2020 Martin J-40
Carlos (from Korea - paid $20 for this guitar at a rummage sale WITH a Martin hard shell case included - better action than either of my Martins, but lackluster tone)
1971 Martin D12-20 (owned since 1991)
2005 Kelii Koa Ukulele (USA made, they are now made overseas I do believe)

The PRS Hollowbody is my daily player. In my hands 95% of the time that I am playing. Love them all like the treasures that they are!
Hey, @Moondog Wily - welcome to The Great Forum! Good to see you here and outstanding collection!

This might be my favorite PRS i've ever seen
Only thing I still want is all black hardware, but PRS does not sell that (they want to reserve it for Private Stock). As is, I of course love it, and it is my daily player (in large part due to the light weight), over 3,000 hours on that guitar as of the time when the newest photos here were taken! Glad you like!!

Jfc that Bakersfield :chef

Supposedly Buck Owens and his guitarist Bud Rich got sponsored by Fender in the early sixties, but they didn't like the "new" telecasters, as they were used to playing the old 50s blackguards. So Leo made them these special hybrids that combined maple necks, double binding, over-the-top sparkle jobs (gold, silver, and Buck's famous red, white, and blue) and matching headstock. The Bakersfield was born.

Back