The Coffee Thread

I am but I have horrible taste and dump all sorts of flavored crap in it. Makers of flavored creamer everywhere; please keep making delicious chocolate creamers to get people hooked then discontinuing them while garbage like Peeps flavored creamer stays in production for eternity :cuss

You mean the stuff you need to masquerade the taste of bad coffee??? :unsure:

Yes, I am coffee shaming here. ;)

I am strictly a pour over guy. Takes forever to make coffee in them morning. I have grown to love it,
though. I NEVER liked the morning rush out the door, anyways. This forces me to spend the first hour
grinding the beans, heating a kettle of water, and then slowly pouring that steaming water over those
magical jewels that have been ground to the perfect consistency, so as to elicit all the Mojo I am gonna
need to make it through the day. Ok, the first 3-4 hours of the day. :idk

I seem to enjoy the devotion to task and doing things the harder way the older I become. That rushing
around and being frenetic and doing everything the fastest and most convenient way just doesn't appeal
to me.

And yes, I enjoy foreplay and cuddling, too, now. ;)

Beans are important. I am still not sure what roast and region I prefer. Sometimes I like a dark Sumatran
roast and other times a lighter roast from Kenya. Right now I am working through a bag of Kicking Horse
Three Sisters. The Lavazza stuff is pretty cool, too, and it won't break the bank.

I am strictly a pour over guy. Takes forever to make coffee in them morning. I have grown to love it,
though. I NEVER liked the morning rush out the door, anyways. This forces me to spend the first hour
grinding the beans, heating a kettle of water, and then slowly pouring that steaming water over those
magical jewels that have been ground to the perfect consistency, so as to elicit all the Mojo I am gonna
need to make it through the day. Ok, the first 3-4 hours of the day. :idk

I seem to enjoy the devotion to task and doing things the harder way the older I become. That rushing
around and being frenetic and doing everything the fastest and most convenient way just doesn't appeal
to me.

And yes, I enjoy foreplay and cuddling, too, now. ;)
JUST ADD THE SNICKERS CREAMER BRO :chef

I will occasionally use some half and half to mix it up but generally drink the coffee black. I really can't stand flavored creamers anymore.

Beans are important. I am still not sure what roast and region I prefer. Sometimes I like a dark Sumatran
roast and other times a lighter roast from Kenya. Right now I am working through a bag of Kicking Horse
Three Sisters. The Lavazza stuff is pretty cool, too, and it won't break the bank.
Lavazza is very good for the price, and you can get it nearly anywhere

Go to have that coffee when I wake up and also a cup with me in the car.
I use a “normal” coffee brewer, and buy grinded coffee. I’ve only taken it to the point where found a preferred type of brand that I really like. Other than that, brewer with time set in the morning is the savior of my day.

Coffee is basically religion here in Italy therefore a very good espresso is really easy to find everywhere.

At home my wife makes coffe with the moka pot me, on the other side, I drink tons of instant coffee all the day.

I used a coffe brewer for a long time but finding the grinded coffee for a brewer is not easy here. It's not in our culture therefore I moved to instant.

Last edited:
Coffee is basically religion here in Italy therefore a very good espresso is really easy to find everywhere.

At home my wife makes coffe with the moka pot me, on the other side, I drink tons of instant coffee all the day.

I used a coffe brewer for a long time but finding the grinded coffee for a brewer is not easy here. It's not in our culture therefore I moved to instant.
I need to get a Moka pot. It definitely isn't espresso, but it definitely is very good coffee.

I need to get a Moka pot. It definitely isn't espresso, but it definitely is very good coffee.

Moka is what we all use at home here. Every family has a set of Mokas of different dimensions.
I'm not a fan, though.

I love espresso for the taste and brewed/instant coffe while working.
Instant not ideal but is much more practical.

Back