The "Blueface" Silverface Diezel VH4

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
@MirrorProfiles sent me this:

And as it turns out, my VH4 is a 2001 "Blueface" Silverface VH4, as described in the video.

I always suspected it sounded different to other Silverface amps. It is a bit darker and doesn't have as much gain as the modern day VH4's.

Anyone else around here own a VH4???

a Smashing Pumpkins ultrafan on Rig-Talk owned one of Billy Corgan's personal blueface silverface VH4 and just sold it for an obscene amount of money

Anyone else around here own a VH4???

On that note, I'm looking for another SS pre-amp pedal.

DP_VH4-pedal-Right-1600-x-1200.jpg

DA_VH4-2_left_2000x2000.jpg

Three part question:

1. Have you tried either of/both of these?
2. If both, and the extra channel aside, which one do you feel is closer to the real deal?
3. How close is it to the real deal? :giggle:

Worst case, could you get by with it and a good power amp and be happy with the tone?

Thanks.

I had the single channel one and I really liked it for a pedal.

I ran it into my atomic amplifier with power amp modelling and IRs switched on and it sounded great.

In terms of closeness I have no idea as I've not played the real thing.

I've heard that the single channel version is better sounding than the vh4-2 - it's something to do with them having to pack lots of smaller, lower quality components on the board Vs the vh4-1. I have no idea if that's true in reality though

Last edited:
I'm sure Reza had a video side by side with the real amp where it sounded pretty close too:

There's something I actually prefer about the pedal, theres a kind of midrange fluffiness I cant get on with on Diezels and the pedal seems a bit clearer in that area

I've heard that the single channel version is better sounding than the vh4-2 - it's something to do with them having to pack lots of smaller, lower quality components on the board Vs the vh4-1. I have no idea if that's true in reality though

I vaguely remember reading the same thing somewhere. (y)

Back