Orange Rockerverb MK3

@The other John Browne I feel the same about the Orange clean channel. When you run it "clean" clean.... it is pretty anaemic. I think it is really meant to be an on the edge of breakup kind of thing, that's where it starts to come alive. An EQ in the loop can help a lot with the cleaner tones, because you can cut some mids and add some treble and get a bit of sparkle.

On the one I played I was able to get damn near death metal tone out of the clean channel with a boost up front haha; is that normal?

It is one of those clean channels that is just fairly plain Jane until you get it cranked. It takes pedals well though.

Bandmate brought his Orange 2x12 to practice tonight. It really shat all over the typical Blackstar cabs in the practice rooms. I was quite impressed considering how light and small it was!! Two V30's, and it was fucking loud!

Bandmate brought his Orange 2x12 to practice tonight. It really shat all over the typical Blackstar cabs in the practice rooms. I was quite impressed considering how light and small it was!! Two V30's, and it was fucking loud!
Any idea which model?

V30s aren’t quiet speakers. They’ve got like a 100 dB sensitivity rating. Depending on the Blackstar cabs and what they have in them that PPC212 Orange could easily be louder.

Back