TGF Do Something Challenge Week 6!

Haha! Far from a D'Head. :LOL:

Personally, I have enough pressure to show up in plenty of other areas in my life. This is not going to be one of them.

Yeah, I definitely hit the same point I did while doing this challenge on another forum; I get to a point where I’m working under a timeline and rushing things out to have them out for the challenge which is the opposite way I work. That causes me to make decisions I wouldn’t normally make for the sake of time and, IMO, that’s not how good music is written, even if I’m the only one that cares about it.

The little depressive slunk I got into in the last month didn’t help, but that’s over with now…I just need to find a balance between participating in the challenge and not selling myself short on time to work on the music I feel I have to complete due to some inner voice telling me I’ll forever suck if I don’t finish it. :rofl

Single chord - bare minimum

I can do that song in one note … 😝

I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again, I like the constraint of having to be done.

The comp I’m working on right now I could spend another week on easily make it mo’ betta (or so I believe lol), but it’s due shortly so I’ll mix and “master” in the next 36 hrs.

Working on a christian contemporary track for a friend of my wife. I'll try and get that wrapped up and post it. It's sounding amazing. I have timpini. I have strings. I have trombones and trumpets. Now all I need is a good mix :facepalm fingers crossed on this one.

Side note: first run of vocals through the Black Lion CLA Bluey. If you're doing any real vocal production you can stop looking. THIS is the one. 18/36/7/3 and don't ever touch it again. rack it up and print away.

Tony Xavier.
Paulie Walnuts Mafia GIF by HBO

Throwing in the towel. Needs fills, a lead, a better song, super lazy dead space at the start I can't be bothered to fill, needs a proper fade at the end, didn't try to do much with the mix, so this is a real treat! Best a man can do in a few hours.

Bonus points for anyone that catches it.

Throwing in the towel. Needs fills, a lead, a better song, super lazy dead space at the start I can't be bothered to fill, needs a proper fade at the end, didn't try to do much with the mix, so this is a real treat! Best a man can do in a few hours.

Bonus points for anyone that catches it.

Man, anything that makes vocal melodies pop in my head immediately is ace in my book. Really, if you want to develop that some more and want to hear it with some vocals I'd be really interested in working on that. There's a bunch of Weiland-ish melodies I had popping up when listening to that. Super melodic and that clean sound is f*cking perfect. When the distorted chords open up....yeaaaah buddy. Tight work, man.

And that's the exact conundrum I run into with this challenge; I write and record something I feel needs to be developed more but rush because of the challenge. Catch 22 and a half!

Back