TGF Do Something Challenge Week 6!

Circled back around and finished this. Production notes:
sang 11 tracks of vocals. Townsend L22 was already up so I just used that. U47 model. Apollo pre 1073 on all vox. The lead vocal was sent out to the Lindel Lin76 comp. If this were an actual emergency, ALL vox would have been but this isnt for real, so here I am. LOTS of fudging in melodyne and revoice pro. I sure as shit aint a "vocalist". Production chops are EVERYTHING. Some of these harmonies are Waves Harmony plugin. Turns you into instant Def Leppard.
Guitars on the finals are my Jackson soloist reamped thru the Friedman Phil X with his same two notes cab pack. The fills and the solo are the Fractal AxeFXIII. Really didnt want to go thru the drama of getting those FX dialed in again and it sounded good enough to me. Rhythm guitars have Eventides H9000 Micropitch (the H3000 algo one)
Bass was direct and the Ampeg UAD plugin, I think its the SVT? I dont know bass amps well but like this one.
Drums are superior. I ran the snare thru the Lin 76 compressor as well. Snare also has its own verb, UAD lexicon 480.
Session Verb is UAD Capitol Chambers and Delay is the Korg 3000 thing.
Piano and synth are UAD. Plenty of fudging there, too. I fat finger every note around the notes I'm trying to play. LOTS of deleting bad notes, fixing timing etc.
On my Mixbus is the SSL Fusion and Bus plus.
Considering this was dead air and "hey why dont I cover that song" at 3AM monday morning, I'm pretty happy putting this one to bed.

Now to go be a real musician and fix my rehearsal disasters from yesterday.......

I've been eradicating honeysuckle vines from the shrubbery of one of our rental properties. My hands are absolutely fucked inside and out. This is is the first time since working in a coal mine that I am nearly unable to play. Anyway, this was the first riff I came up with after picking the guitar up today. A little bit of noodling this time too.

Last edited:
I guess I should have listened to my bounced track before uploading. I must have hit an arrow key or something because part of my drum midi was out of place. Link has been updated.

Ok, I'm trying something new. Typically these ideas end up in a blackhole with hundreds of others, usually on my phone. Instead, I'm going to use this thread as motivation to just get it out, without any polishing, mixing, etc. It's not complete and the recording suck, as evident from the buffer issues. It's just a melody based on my last post. Is it an intro or a verse? If it's a verse, it needs a bridge and a chorus. We'll see where it goes.

sounds like a solid intro to me (y)

I've been eradicating honeysuckle vines from the shrubbery of one of our rental properties. My hands are absolutely f****d inside and out. This is is the first time since working in a coal mine that I am nearly unable to play. Anyway, this was the first riff I came up with after picking the guitar up today. A little bit of noodling this time too.

Sounds pretty killer for torn up hands. Good job!
Started around 2:00pm, finished the music at 5:41pm. Finished video at 6:26. Rendered and uploaded by 6:35.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - leave some talent for the rest of us. :sofa

They turn me loose from out behind my desk every so often. This is my real do something challenge this week because challenging it is.

Attachments

• 911B3397-FFA7-4980-81A0-AE2978604197.jpeg
    911B3397-FFA7-4980-81A0-AE2978604197.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 1153BE0F-D5B1-46F6-998D-8EA4519D40AF.jpeg
    1153BE0F-D5B1-46F6-998D-8EA4519D40AF.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 20
I’ve been slacking. Haven’t even tried to write or record for a couple weeks. If I don’t produce something today, change my screen name to DICK HEAD.

Firing up the DAW.

Worst case scenario I’ll avoid d******d designation by recording a single chord. Any submission is a submission right?

Back