TGF Do Something Challenge Week 6!

DrewJD82

Staff member
Welcome to week 6!

If I'm inaccurate with these numbers just hit me up! (I'm only going off the previous week's thread so if you posted something elsewhere, my b) Some of you guys have the output of Zappa/Prince!! I'm highly envious of that!

@Iron1- 12!!
@sotipay - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 8!
@duzie - 2
@FAKA! - 7
@metropolis_4 - 3
@TJontheRoad - 5
@SeeD - 1
@Fireproof - 1
@la szum - 4
@Piing - 4
@TheTrueZoltan! - 4
@Jarick - 1
@JiveTurkey - 4
@woody - 3
@Gearzilla - 4
@Whizzinby - 3
@TravisG406 - 9!
@fretworn -3
@Bruce - 4
@DrewJD82 -4
@mbenigni -1
@norminal -1
We'll most certainly move to putting a 1-week break in between challenges just to give everyone time to recharge batteries or pay attention to life a little bit.

Iron1 is going to be able to release a double album by the time we're done this first challenge!!!

Last edited:
Moving this post from Week 5 because it was technically posted this morning:

Ok, I'll play... Just came top with this little exercise to hone in your economy picking and string jumping technique, specifically on the lower 4 strings. This has already evolved into the beginnings of a song.

7230B102-4E9D-4B21-8FB9-3D39767151EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, I'm trying something new. Typically these ideas end up in a blackhole with hundreds of others, usually on my phone. Instead, I'm going to use this thread as motivation to just get it out, without any polishing, mixing, etc. It's not complete and the recording suck, as evident from the buffer issues. It's just a melody based on my last post. Is it an intro or a verse? If it's a verse, it needs a bridge and a chorus. We'll see where it goes.

These Epiphone Muse series Les Paul's caught my eye a few weeks ago - particularly the blue one. Then I really dug in to learn about them and discovered these things are like Tone Factories. You can coil split both bridge and neck, as well as phase invert when using both pups at once.

So, I had to get one.

And, then, I had to write a song using just it and a handful of Helix presets I made for it. Only using two gain tones and one clean tone, all the rest is the guitar in various pickup configurations.

LOVE this guitar. I'm not a Les Paul guy, but man, I can't stop playing this thing.

5NpKVHT.jpg

This week, I made some Techno.

So much fun! I kept expecting to see a Pixar character come dancing into the shot. Good stuff.
10 that I've already written left to demo and then I'll be joining the ranks of having to make new stuff up weekly lol

Good stuff - are you going to release them all on one album?
i GOTTA RUN. tHIS TOOK ME ABOUT 4 HOURS.

Amazing what a guy can do with a spare four hours isn't it? Good job!
Ok, I'm trying something new. Typically these ideas end up in a blackhole with hundreds of others, usually on my phone. Instead, I'm going to use this thread as motivation to just get it out, without any polishing, mixing, etc. It's not complete and the recording suck, as evident from the buffer issues. It's just a melody based on my last post. Is it an intro or a verse? If it's a verse, it needs a bridge and a chorus. We'll see where it goes.

Definitely something to build on - keep going!

These Epiphone Muse series Les Paul's caught my eye a few weeks ago - particularly the blue one. Then I really dug in to learn about them and discovered these things are like Tone Factories. You can coil split both bridge and neck, as well as phase invert when using both pups at once.

So, I had to get one.

And, then, I had to write a song using just it and a handful of Helix presets I made for it. Only using two gain tones and one clean tone, all the rest is the guitar in various pickup configurations.

LOVE this guitar. I'm not a Les Paul guy, but man, I can't stop playing this thing.

5NpKVHT.jpg

Does that Muse have the Probucker 2&3 pickups

Back