TGF Do Something Challenge Week 2!!

DrewJD82

Staff member
Hello boys and slightly-older-but-still-boys boys!

That was quite the first week! Everyone did an amazing job at underselling themselves leading up to it, give yourselves a pat on the back!!!

We currently have in the running-

@Iron1
@sotipay
@Alex Kenivel
@duzie
@FAKA!
@metropolis_4
@TJontheRoad
@SeeD
@Fireproof
@la szum
@Piing
@TheTrueZoltan!
@Jarick
@JiveTurkey
@woody
@Gearzilla
@Whizzinby
@TravisG406
@fretworn
@Bruce
@DrewJD82

That's literally 4x the amount of people I expected were going to participate! :headbang

So basically what will happen next week, if you participate again I'll write that list of names out and add a 2 next to your name, indicating you're starting week 3 with 2 points you earned with the previous two entries.

I don't think anyone used the non-rock/metal drum tracks, so this week it's just 3 rock/hard rock/metal tracks. Of course, if you find a MIDI somewhere and want to make it sound better and don't have a VST, I'm more than happy to run it through SD3 for anyone.

Basic Rock Audio 110BPM- https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9lzbzoyfimpjw0/basic Rock 110 Audio.wav?dl=0
Basic Rock MIDI- https://www.dropbox.com/s/003sb2csjxm65hw/Basic Rock 110.mid?dl=0
Rock Audio 155BPM - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wbziug21rt60om/W2 Rock 155 Audio.wav?dl=0
Rock MIDI - https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dgjwx8zqrxhjk2/W2 Rock 155.mid?dl=0
Metalish 185- https://www.dropbox.com/s/4im876hn520a4gr/Metalish 185 Audio.wav?dl=0
Metalish MIDI- https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7reil5nhbtqp38/Metalish 185.mid?dl=0

Of course you can always check the Resource Mega Thread for info on how to get backing/drum tracks off YouTube and into your DAW and use whatever you want or roll your own!

Something I want to mention briefly; while this wasn't done in any way to put people down, I did bring up in the rules how I don't think we should be offering suggestions unless they are asked for. A couple posts in the last thread, while they were meant to be helpful, went in that direction. Like I said in the Rules post, one person's "The low end was a little dull on my side" can be taken the wrong way by someone else, especially when they weren't asking for a critique to begin with. No here is trying to win a songwriting/mixing/capability contest and I don't want people to start feeling like they have to pay mind to things like that because it was mentioned in a previous week. To people just starting out with a DAW, this is like getting naked in the locker room for the first time, no matter how your friends tell you how big your balls are, you're going to be nervous about it for a while.

By all means, if someone says "Any thoughts on the mix?" or anything like that, do it up, they're literally asking for it. If it's not asked for, please refrain from doing so.

Most importantly, keep kicking ass!!!!

7CTc.gif

Edit - Gear Used:

All Solars All The Time! :rofl

Guitar 1 & 2: Solar A2.6S loaded with an Elysian Trident II bridge pickup.
Guitar 3 & 4: Solar A2.6CAR loaded with Duncan Solars
Bass: Solar A2.4 loaded with whatever Ola put in it
Drums: Beta Monkey Drum loops & customized hits

All strings run thru my Helix Rack

Guitar 1:
SD1>Deizel Lead>Ola OS Mesa IR
Guitar 2: SD1>Soldano Lead>Ola OS Mesa IR
Guitar 3: SD1>Soldano Lead>Soldano 412
Guitar 4: SD1>Deizel Lead>Ola OS Mesa IR (amp dialed in differently than the one for Guitar 1)
Bass: SD1>Soldano Lead>Mesa Recto 610

Last edited:

Edit - Gear Used:

Guitar 1:
Guitar 4: SD1>Deizel Lead>Ola OS Mesa IR (amp dialed in differently than the one for Guitar 1)

Killer! That screams intense!

Imma gonna be praying for you, @Iron1.

:LOL:

Even though I'm an onlooker, can previous entries be re-submitted, if say there were elements that the poster wanted to continue to refine? Like continue on with the production, instrumentation, and such?

I got a GREAT jump on this week's submission and have been going at it since I put this post up.

I was stretching in my kitchen and started going "bop bop, bop bop", I dunno if any of you saw/remember Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, but when she loses her sh*t after trying to clean up after everyone she can only say "bop bop, bop bop bop" and the kids are all makin' fun of her, for some reason I started doing that because....I'm special, but I bopped out a melody and immediately hummed it into my phone and a whole song is built around it. :ROFLMAO:

Go bop yourselves!

edit- I love the internet-

Last edited:
I got a GREAT jump on this week's submission and have been going at it since I put this post up.

I was stretching in my kitchen and started going "bop bop, bop bop", I dunno if any of you saw/remember Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, but when she loses her sh*t after trying to clean up after everyone she can only say "bop bop, bop bop bop" and the kids are all makin' fun of her, for some reason I started doing that because....I'm special, but I bopped out a melody and immediately hummed it into my phone and a whole song is built around it. :ROFLMAO:

Go bop yourselves!

edit- I love the internet-

I think we've all heard that song somewhere before. :idk

Edit - Gear Used:

Guitar 1:

Dude that was pretty intense! And quad tracked to boot! Nice job!

Would have posted sooner but had to feed me childrens... some kind of law on that or something.... Anyway I decided to go outside my norm and went for one of the rock beats... I had fun with this.

Hahaha that video was perfect for the music! I just woke up a few minutes ago and feel quite awake without my coffee yet after that vid!!! I’m very stoked you’re a part of this forum!!!

Back