St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

After a couple of hours of playing with the Amperium I gotta say that I‘m really impressed with this surprisingly small device. Most amp models sound extremely good without a lot of tweaking. The JVM OD2 Orange and 5153 Red are my favorites so far, but the Friedmans are also excellent. Still have to try the Bogner and Mesa models.

I wrote a message to them regarding the app issue and they responded very quickly, including a new beta of the app. Apparently they already reworked the noise gate, too.
I think we all know the answer but how did the models you liked hold up to the Fractal? Really excited to try the various ENGL, Framus, Driftwood models

They certainly have modelled a crazy amount of hi gainers
Freidman JJ , Jake , Steve Stevens
Randall Satan , Driftwood , Framus Cobra, Bogner800 mod
Honestly the amp model list is really interesting and is what interested me the most.

I think we all know the answer but how did the models you liked hold up to the Fractal? Really excited to try the various ENGL, Framus, Driftwood models
I don‘t have a Fractal anymore, so I can only compare the devices based on how I remember the sound. And as far as I can tell the Amperium does hold up surprisingly well! I don‘t think you‘ll be disappointed.

I don‘t have a Fractal anymore, so I can only compare the devices based on how I remember the sound. And as far as I can tell the Amperium does hold up surprisingly well! I don‘t think you‘ll be disappointed.
Awesome! How long after you ordered did it ship? Did you get a notification?

Awesome! How long after you ordered did it ship? Did you get a notification?
I did not receive a shipping confirmation from the company itself, but the DHL app already showed the package one business day after placing the order. The shipment from Hungary to Germany then took 5 days.

I downloaded the plugin version of Amperium and was super duper impressed. I used HX Native for pre-effect and FAS CabLab 4 for the cab. I had two sounds I really dug:
  • HX Klon and/or Timmy -> HX Legacy Spring Reverb -> Clean 5150 III Green -> FAS TV 4x12 with an SM57
  • HX Precision Drive -> Hi Gain 5150 III Blue -> FAS TV 4x12 with an SM57
I was just using the stock profiles provided with the Amperium download, and it was great.

I downloaded the plugin version of Amperium and was super duper impressed. I used HX Native for pre-effect and FAS CabLab 4 for the cab. I had two sounds I really dug:
  • HX Klon and/or Timmy -> HX Legacy Spring Reverb -> Clean 5150 III Green -> FAS TV 4x12 with an SM57
  • HX Precision Drive -> Hi Gain 5150 III Blue -> FAS TV 4x12 with an SM57
I was just using the stock profiles provided with the Amperium download, and it was great.
I don't even have an interest in the NAM portion of the unit but I'll definitely check it out!

I don't even have an interest in the NAM portion of the unit but I'll definitely check it out!
Yeah, I was hoping the plugin featured their component models, so I was bummed at first, but then the captures sounded really good (to me), and I got over the initial disappointment

but I have my Boss SD-1 and Maxon OD808 in front and the amp models react really well to the boost.

Thanks. That'd likely be the most important use case for me.
If at all, I could imagine this thing to become my recording solution, so I don't have to connect my live pedalboard all the time. My prefered way of working is to use some baseline models and then slap pedals in front.

Fwiw, the main drawback for me so far seems to be the lack of knobs. Sure, there's the editor and there's my tablet, but even if the editor was absolutely perfect, I'd still prefer to twist knobs. Learned that sort of the hard way, has as well been at least one reason for me to steer away from amp plugins. I'm operating digital UIs more than enough all day long (and obviously just as much in my home studio setup), so I'm enjoying things as they are right now, namely that I can dial in pretty much all of my guitar base sounds without ever going into any menu or touching any mouse or screen. I really dig that a whole lot. So that'd likely spoil the Amperium experience quite a bit for me.
Otoh, in case it worked great with my pedals, I may not have to touch it all *that* much, once a dozen of base sounds are pre-programmed...

I received a new beta version of the software from St. Rock yesterday. So far they haven't been able to fix the scaling issues I'm having with the Mac app, but they have completely reworked the new noise gate, which is finally totally usable. They've also added a MIDI-controllable wah and a Dumble-like amp.
Right now I'm playing mostly with the 5150 Lead amp model, which sounds absolutely great. But there's still a lot for me to discover.

I received a new beta version of the software from St. Rock yesterday. So far they haven't been able to fix the scaling issues I'm having with the Mac app, but they have completely reworked the new noise gate, which is finally totally usable. They've also added a MIDI-controllable wah and a Dumble-like amp.
Right now I'm playing mostly with the 5150 Lead amp model, which sounds absolutely great. But there's still a lot for me to discover.
Despite what I said about not being interested in this box, I ordered one, and updates like this are great to read.

Where is the best place to keep up with St-Rock development?

Despite what I said about not being interested in this box, I ordered one, and updates like this are great to read.

Where is the best place to keep up with St-Rock development?
Sorry I'm not answering your question but where about are you located? I order mine on 10/20 and still waiting on its arrival. Obviously didn't expect it to be quick being shipped from Ukraine or the States but hopefully it gets here soon!

Sorry I'm not answering your question but where about are you located? I order mine on 10/20 and still waiting on its arrival. Obviously didn't expect it to be quick being shipped from Ukraine or the States but hopefully it gets here soon!
I'm in Mass, USA. I ordered on 10/21. I haven't received anything but the payment confirmation--no order confirmation, shipping info, etc.

So yeah, not the best ordering experience, but since I don't even know if it's shipped, I don't know if I should have expected a shipment notification yet.

Back