St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

1.89beta

Anyone else having problems importing previously saved banks? Out of 12 banks I saved, only 2 will now import. - Partial Fix - Removed all IR files and reset all banks to default. Now half of my banks will import. This then resulted in other issues coming to light, like the CAB IR files loading into a new CAB IR slot each time a bank is loaded, rather than looking for an existing matching IR file that's already loaded. - Edit - Sound/volume issues remain. Issues also affect pre-amp models. It seems like everything has gone quieter and doesn't sound right.

I also suffered a severe issue during recording where distortion+volume levels dropped by itself. This bug seems to have remained on my unit even after downgrading to previous versions and seems to affect everything. - Currently I have reinstalled 1.89beta and wiped everything from my unit. Waiting for assistance and feedback.

Setting bank defaults to try to reset my Amperium Live I have also seen "Fail! Code 1" error message.

All found issues reported to St Rock.

Last edited:
Hey, question about this little guy. If you use the SEND as your main output are you:
1. Completely bypassing 1 of 2 DSP processors? Looks that way.
2. Is the amp profile itself the block labeled PRE at the top?

1702426138165.png

Thinking this thing could easily sub for the KSR pre-amp pedal if I use the send out - I already have post EQ and FX so don't need them from the Amperium. Not gonna happen this week, and maybe not next, but I just know I'm going to get one eventually. Too many stupid good reviews and the price is super easy on the wallet.

It's depends what you mean by word "profile".
If we a talking about models of amps then PRE is preamp part, POW is poweramp part,
SEND is between PRE and POW.

If we are talking about NNM profiles , here also 2 variants -):
1. If profile without IR then it only in the PRE part.
2. If profile using IR then using SEND is not good idea bcs it will be as insert. Not a big deal bcs IR is linear processing but for send signal you will get sound without IR.

Basic idea to understand routing it's imagine Amperium like real amp with loop.

as far as I can tell, the quality of the modelling of this stomps all over the new Fender. Guessing the niche this is going for is the HX Stomp user who wants higher quality amp models/doesn’t mind a much worse UI?

I’d love to try one of these but the lack of a plugin is a dealbreaker for me as HW modellers just don’t fit my needs at all.

Is the fender more appealing to people because of the UI/footswitches/FX/availability?
Not many know about this unit. Too bad this isnt in the tmp shell...It would kick arse with the better gui

fender should just buy the company and hire the team and overhaul the tmp with the guts from this.

this thing is deep...cool
it definitely has unique features compared to other options in the same price bracket and beyond:
  • Separate pre- and power-amp blocks
  • Selectable impedance curves
  • Captures and models (though I haven’t figured out the captures yet and the community isn’t super active)
  • In most cases, a single model is equipped with the switches you’d find on the physical amplifier (no switching models to active a FAT switch, for example)
  • Bluetooth editing from phone, tablet, or computer
This isn’t a feature, per se, but the amp model list has some unique options like Driftwood, Krank, Randall, and apparently Ampeg soon.

The effects options are sparse but serviceable. That’s really my only nitpick.

• In most cases, a single model is equipped with the switches you’d find on the physical amplifier (no switching models to active a FAT switch, for example)

Love the drop drop menus on some amps like the Recto where you can go so far as to choose the revision! That's pretty insane all on one screen.

1702496471771.png

it definitely has unique features compared to other options in the same price bracket and beyond:
  • Separate pre- and power-amp blocks
  • Selectable impedance curves
  • Captures and models (though I haven’t figured out the captures yet and the community isn’t super active)
  • Bluetooth editing from phone, tablet, or computer
This isn’t a feature, per se, but the amp model list has some unique options like Driftwood, Krank, Randall, and apparently Ampeg soon.

The effects options are sparse but serviceable. That’s really my only nitpick.
give it a year should be better by then

Agree but its the 1st incarnation and even say a screen like on the BOSS GT-1 would have been nicer.

I don't care much about the screen. But the GT-1 has 3 encoders to adjust parameters and individual block switches for super quick navigation. That's a difference like night and day in case you can't use the editor.

The only addition needed for the app is pedals need to still work. This would allow it to be feasible to keep running while using the pedal live. This only became an issue when I used it at rehearsal. It definitely needs this change to make it work in a live setting . At home on a PC its not really a major issue, especially if you're used to only recording one sound/thing at a time.

I think theres plenty to work with as it is, but, in time it'll get better. Dev has been very responsive and work continues.

Back