Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

That is for liquid profiles. The recent update includes the ability to assign an amp model of many amps to get the tone stack and gain parameters to be more like the amp model you choose. That has nothing to do with importing rigs, naming rigs etc

A recently made liquid profile Rig will have that assigned already. You are free to use it to alter any Rig even if it wasn't originally a liquid profile. Otherwise it will have the Generic tone stack 'amp' association applied.
For example. a whole lot of amps in the 70's were some variation of the '60's Fender Bassman so that amp association will work for many amps out there from that era.
The list where you found 'Generic amp' is not a list of 'your amps'. The menu on the left of Rig manager is a place where your rigs are , where the rest of the worlds rigs are, where the rigs on your computer are etc.

If you want to assign a name use the menu in Rig Manager to the right after selecting the rig in the profiler you want to edit data fields including a name. That is the place you should look to to find out what you are working with.

Last edited:
That is for liquid profiles. The recent update includes the ability to assign an amp model of many amps to get the tone stack and gain parameters to be more like the amp model you choose. That has nothing to do with importing rigs, naming rigs etc

A recently made liquid profile Rig will have that assigned already. You are free to use it to alter any Rig even if it wasn't originally a liquid profile. Otherwise it will have the Generic tone stack 'amp' association applied.
For example. a whole lot of amps in the 70's were some variation of the '60's Fender Bassman so that amp association will work for many amps out there from that era.

If you want to assign a name use the menu in Rig Manager to the right after selecting the rig in the profiler you want to edit data fields including a name. That is the place you should look to to find out what you are working with.
Thanks. Coming from Helix, Fractal, BOSS GT-1000 and Quad Cortex, the file management on this Player is absolutely dreadful. Worst of the worst. I mean how hard can it be to add an amp to the available amp list? This is nuts.

Thanks. Coming from Helix, Fractal, BOSS GT-1000 and Quad Cortex, the file management on this Player is absolutely dreadful. Worst of the worst. I mean how hard can it be to add an amp to the available amp list? This is nuts.
It isn't intuitive but it is efficient, love the German mind for that ! but it takes a little stumbling around to learn a new dance.
If you look at the time stamp on my posts it didn't take long at all to do it, and take and post a picture etc, but I had already learned the steps...

What does "adding an amp to the available amp list" even mean? Are you talking about grabbing the amp block only out of an available profile and bringing it into the local library?

It isn't intuitive but it is efficient, love the German mind for that ! but it takes a little stumbling around to learn a new dance.
If you look at the time stamp on my posts it didn't take long at all to do it, and take and post a picture etc, but I had already learned the steps...
Will keep experimenting. Thanks

What does "adding an amp to the available amp list" even mean? Are you talking about grabbing the amp block only out of an available profile and bringing it into the local library?
What I mean is the Player comes with 50 available amps. I deleted the ones i didn't want (using RM). So now all I want to do is add some bass amp heads and some tube preamps for acoustic setups. How do I get the amps into the drop-down list under "AMP"?

What I mean is the Player comes with 50 available amps. I deleted the ones i didn't want (using RM). So now all I want to do is add some bass amp heads and some tube preamps for acoustic setups. How do I get the amps into the drop-down list under "AMP"?
I need to look at this process in action. Seems like a really clunky way to go about presenting this option to the end user.

Thank you. I feel like I'm going crazy with this. It shouldn't be this hard to just add some amps to the list of available amps.
When you say 50 amps; do you mean it can store50 profiles on internal storage? This is also a confusing shift to me.

Thank you. I feel like I'm going crazy with this. It shouldn't be this hard to just add some amps to the list of available amps.

All of the blocks in the signal chain are part of a Rig. You Import entire Rigs into Rig Manager which also brings over the amp and cab blocks (along with all the other blocks).

When you click on the amp block you will see all the settings for that block. There is a setting named "Amp Model" but this is not an amp model similar to Helix, AXE, etc. It is used to change the tone stack and gain settings for Liquid Profiling. It's unfortunate they named this "Amp Model"

kC3sNsz.png

If you want a specific Amp you have to import a Rig that contains that Amp, add the other blocks you want to the Rig and then save that as a new Rig.

All of the blocks in the signal chain are part of a Rig. You Import entire Rigs into Rig Manager which also brings over the amp and cab blocks (along with all the other blocks).

When you click on the amp block you will see all the settings for that block. There is a setting named "Amp Model" but this is not an amp model similar to Helix, AXE, etc. It is used to change the tone stack and gain settings for Liquid Profiling. It's unfortunate they named this "Amp Model"

kC3sNsz.png

If you want a specific Amp you have to import a Rig that contains that Amp, add the other blocks you want to the Rig and then save that as a new Rig.
This makes much more sense given the Kemper methodology.

No available amps per se. The 50 rigs it holds contain amps which are profiled…it can be 50 different ones or the same 50 times.

I mean we started with that pedal about the same time and other that drag n drop is wonky it’s been super intuitive here.

Rigs in the Kemper are similar to a Preset in the Helix or Axe. Rigs can be saved, exported and imported.
A Preset in the Kemper is an effect, amp, cab, output, etc. Block and that block can be saved and then exported and imported.

Both Rigs and Presets can be stored and manipulated on the physical Kemper hardware and on your computer.

It can be confusing because the terminology between Helix, Axe and Kemper are similar but not the same.

Here's a 10 minute video I just made on this, which also talks about importing an Amp Block Preset. Hope this helps.

Examples of exported Presets (not to be confused with Rigs) from MBritt.

Last edited:
No available amps per se. The 50 rigs it holds contain amps which are profiled…it can be 50 different ones or the same 50 times.

I mean we started with that pedal about the same time and other that drag n drop is wonky it’s been super intuitive here.
I deleted some of the profiled amps and would like to simply add some others.

kC3sNsz.png

WOW this is insanely un-intuitive! Thank you.

I deleted some of the profiled amps and would like to simply add some others.

Check that video I made… should help clear some of it up. Coming from Helix or Axe the terminology is the same but it means something different in Kemper Land.

Check that video I made… should help clear some of it up. Coming from Helix or Axe the terminology is the same but it means something different in Kemper Land.
Thanks for making that video. Say I have a clean rig with no amp, cab or effects. What I want to do is customize the list of available amps that I can choose from on the Player itself (when I'm using via the phone app for example). I can remove amps using Rig Manager but I'm not able to save amps to that list. They never show up when using the phone app. I will keep experimenting tonight though. Thanks!

Back