Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

That's more realistic...but I still find it pretty high given how limited the I/O is, no screen, gotta dongle up the MIDI, etc. The thing probably weighs 3 ounces and is running some 38 cent processor.
I think I could stomach £500. But that is pretty much the limit for me.

1703006959074.png

Seems to be legit. Someone has messed up, or their pricing across territories is just wildly inconsistent.

I'm not gonna order, can't afford it right now. But that price doesn't turn me off, but is probably the most I'd be looking to pay.

So just to be clear: This has the word "Profiler" on it, but it's only a profile Player and does not profile / capture?

I'm fairly sure of that looking at the I/O and the manual... or am I wrong about that?

At 799 € (DLX Music Finland), it's still pretty pricy, especially when you don't have a computer option for creating your own profiles but need to own a Kemper Toaster or Stage for that. Despite being a pile of crap, the Tonex app still offers the capture functionality and the software bundle is a good value.

I suppose having built in effects does make up for the cost to some degree when compared to what Tonex offers.

I like the design. 5 preset rig buttons is a lovely way to quickly toggle between a few different sounds on the fly. Effects values will be shown by the row of LEDs in the middle, which is a novel way to avoid having a screen on this thing. But I think this could really have used a small screen just due to the utility value it provides for basically everything. If the IR-200 can fit one, then so should this.

Seems Kemper has aimed for "half the cost of an unpowered Toaster or Stage" pricing here, but that might still be on the high side. Closer to 600 € would be right IMO, but maybe they can't do that price point with the hardware they are using.

Kemper Profile Player + Powered Kone cab would be a pretty cool rig, only a bit larger than my BluGuitar "stack".

But which one would you rather put on your pedalboard?
There are two conflicting arguments going on 😂 personally would view the Player as integrating with a pedalboard. If I was looking for standalone, it would be the rack, toaster, or stage for me.

Back