SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

I want her to rearrange my finances.
"Do these stocks spark joy? When was the last time you put money into this fund?"

GIF by NETFLIX

Ended up sending back the Big Sky, Carbon Copy, Two Notes Cab M, and Keeley Compressor and instead am getting a new guitar 😬 I just put the HX effects back on instead. Don't feel like I'm missing anything!

I can load IRs via the HX so not missing the Two Notes (I'm not necessarily a huge fan of their cab sims, more so indifferent), and the HX more than has enough for my needs in the reverb, delay, and comp department.

Still in the "mock up" stage ...

PXL_20230801_120259202~2.jpg

Plan on running one H9 in pre/post mode with one side at the front of the signal chain for pitch, eq, filter stuff, and the other after the Stomp send and immediately before the Mark 7 input for modulation effects.

The other H9 will take the stereo output of the stomp and add additional time based effects, sending one output to the Mark 7 return, and the other to either of my DT25 or DT50 combos to fill out the stereo field.

Subject to change without notice :rofl

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

:beer

Working on a custom aluminum bracket to mount a CIOKS DC7 under the board along with an IEC power inlet and an illuminated on/off switch.

PXL_20230801_164735651.jpg

Also fabricating a pair of brackets to mount two 1/4" TRS female couplers on each side. Plan to hang from top-rear edges attaching via the existing T-slots.

Finally, I will remove and replace the existing foldable rear feet with custom brackets for static height adjustable leveling feet using the existing mounting holes in order to provide adequate room for the TRS couplers and cabling..

It's quite a bit of work, but the end result should be worth it. Updates to follow...

Working on a custom aluminum bracket to mount a CIOKS DC7 under the board along with an IEC power inlet and an illuminated on/off switch.

View attachment 9424

Also fabricating a pair of brackets to mount two 1/4" TRS female couplers on each side. Plan to attach on top-rear edges via the existing T-slots.

Finally, I will remove and replace the existing foldable rear feet with custom brackets for static height adjustable leveling feet using the existing mounting holes in order to provide adequate room for the TRS couplers and cabling..

It's quite a bit of work, but the end result should be worth it. Updates to follow...

I wish I had the tools and skills to do this kind of thing. Definitely need pics when you're done.

I thought I was about done with pedals but was about to add a Rat to my board when I stumbled upon this new beauty for a buck 20 shipped. I wasn’t about to let this slip by again!!! I absolutely love it and it certainly lives up to it’s name. These pedals are like having additional channels on my amps which is what I was going for when I started building it. I’m an analog guy, never have cared much for modeling which explains my lack of interest in it, short of acquiring some good patches it’s not for me. Here is my new pedal…
IMG_0331.jpeg

IMG_0332.jpeg

Pedalboard.jpg

Latest iteration.

I finally found a used Strymon Deco V2 which I've been interested to try for quite a while now. Fits in pretty perfectly here. The pedal/settings combination above ends up in this weird psychedelic comp + tape drive + chorus + autowah + tweed + oddball reverb + drum delay sound that was really fun to play with my Jazzmaster for funk style vamp sounds.

The wiring underneath is messy as hell atm because I had a helluva time getting wireless MIDI in/out working with the CME WIDI Jack when it has way too short TRS -> 5-pin cables. I also ran out of slots on the Conduit so Compadre/Riverside need to be wired for MIDI input only by splitting one of the Conduit outputs with a Y cable.

It's a bit noisy with single coils, will have to see if I can improve that somehow. This apartment is EMI central anyway so it's hard to avoid.

View attachment 9571

Latest iteration.

I finally found a used Strymon Deco V2 which I've been interested to try for quite a while now. Fits in pretty perfectly here. The pedal/settings combination above ends up in this weird psychedelic comp + tape drive + chorus + autowah + tweed + oddball reverb + drum delay sound that was really fun to play with my Jazzmaster for funk style vamp sounds.

The wiring underneath is messy as hell atm because I had a helluva time getting wireless MIDI in/out working with the CME WIDI Jack when it has way too short TRS -> 5-pin cables. I also ran out of slots on the Conduit so Compadre/Riverside need to be wired for MIDI input only by splitting one of the Conduit outputs with a Y cable.

It's a bit noisy with single coils, will have to see if I can improve that somehow. This apartment is EMI central anyway so it's hard to avoid.

Pete Celi’s long lost son.

How are you digging the Deco? It has my favorite chorus and flange tones in it. I never used the tape sat much on V1 because it was so dark, but I really need to try the V2 with the added tone knob.

Pete Celi’s long lost son.

How are you digging the Deco? It has my favorite chorus and flange tones in it. I never used the tape sat much on V1 because it was so dark, but I really need to try the V2 with the added tone knob.
Breaking Bad GIF

Seriously, Pete Celi's "deep dive/in depth" demos of Strymon pedals have sold me on so many of them!

One reason I've gone all in on Strymon is that it allows for extensive MIDI control. I use the Luminite Graviton M1 to control it all and it works really well.

I only got the Deco like two days ago so I haven't had enough time with it. I have been interested to see if it does something different from what I already had. Not sure if I will keep it, it might be one of those "great for much simpler pedalboards where it can do multiple things" pedals.

I just put the Deco's Saturation side through its paces and it is very similar sounding to my DIY Hudson Broadcast (the red box with kitty stickers) but doesn't have anywhere as much gain on tap, even comparing the lower gain side. I don't find the Deco's saturation to be that dark, there's ample room on the Tone control to brighten it up.

I'm still learning the Double tracker side and have been mostly using it as a subtle "makes things sound cooler" thing and trying it as a slapback delay.

For chorus/flanger I'm on the fence whether I like the Zelzah or Deco better. The Deco is more subtle, blends in better, while the Zelzah is dramatic in a way you sometimes prefer chorus/flanger to be.

PS. This board is also fully stereo starting from the Deco onwards. I run the Iridium output to one of the TRS jacks on the Temple Audio 4x module as a kind of an insert point if needed. I wanted to do the same thing to put things before the Deco, but ran out of slim, angled TRS cables.

Last edited:
Latest incarnation, probably gonna stay this way for at least a couple months:

IMG_20230730_105718998~2.jpg

1) I got rid of the Ventura, since I never make use of modulation.

2) The PDF-1 and Sansamp were replaced by the GE-7 and Tumnus, thus allowing the Wah to sit on the board, rather than on the floor.

FreqOut and Exegol (preamp) are loosely placed, since I substitute the board with my HX FX when I'm at home. The board sits at our rehearsal space.

PS: I run this into power amp or effects return inputs, with good results. :D

Back