SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

Thanks! This was really just stars aligning. The HXFX had been collecting dust since getting my Helix, then the Tonex pedal popped out right as I was starting to get into the idea of profiles…and this just made sense. I have to say, I’ve considered flip flopping with my other guitarist because the HXFX/Tonex pairing is so powerful.

The board is set up with MIDI connecting the units and the HXFX controlling Tonex, but not in that image. It works like a dream with the HXFX snapshots where I tend to set up a preset per song and use snapshots to toggle between verse/chorus/bridge…allows for swapping out Tonex captures seamlessly. Absolutely killer.
How's the latency with the HX FX and ToneX combined, noticeable at all?

How's the latency with the HX FX and ToneX combined, noticeable at all?

Should be around 7ms (HXFX 2x2ms, ToneX 3ms).
This sounds about right. The latency was actually the part that concerned be the most, and why I’m running them in series vs putting the Tonex in the HXFX’s loop.

In practice, latency has been a non issue, and we actually incur another ~4ms round trip with our silent rehearsal rig. If a more comprehensive Tonex option ever pops up with serious FX, it would for sure be a contender for me.

Dis

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
As I am sitting here building this thing, I get a text from a friend of mine who wants to sell back to me the GP-10 with GK-3 I sold him, because he got himself an SY-300 and likes that better. Hmmmmm. 5th times the charm? I mean he only wants 250 for it. Easy flip on reverb for a small profit if I decide I don't want it yet again.

352082025_246466148006300_5061891633902197761_n.jpg

As I am sitting here building this thing, I get a text from a friend of mine who wants to sell back to me the GP-10 with GK-3 I sold him, because he got himself an SY-300 and likes that better. Hmmmmm. 5th times the charm? I mean he only wants 250 for it. Easy flip on reverb for a small profit if I decide I don't want it yet again.

View attachment 8039
Looks fun already. You sure you want the switcher in the back row though?

Here's another. Everything needed for a gig. Typically I only use the mic mechanic for our bass player but that position is changing so that may go. The VLFX is for harmonies and special reverb/delay FX for certain songs

I gotta figure out if I can send the GK3 to PA and the guitar out to amp return separately. The GP10 still rocks for those applications .

After another outdoor gig where I couldn't see my Helix LT screen (even with a shade over it) this may become my outdoor rig or even my main rig if I can configure it to satisfaction

Everything about yesterday's gig was fantastic except for the fact I couldn't see my LT screen.

IMG_20230618_160614098~2.jpg

The GP-10 is awesome. I had one, and sold it because I’m a f*****g moron.
Yep. I think it's still a pretty valid little box. I can never stress enough how important it is to get that hex pickup lined up perfect and spaced perfect. The only times I've ever had problems were related to that.

There are also quite a few amps in there that can hang with pretty much anything out there right now. The cabs are the shortcoming of this unit but if I can configure it the way I want to, I won't have to worry about that.

Here's another. Everything needed for a gig. Typically I only use the mic mechanic for our bass player but that position is changing so that may go. The VLFX is for harmonies and special reverb/delay FX for certain songs

I gotta figure out if I can send the GK3 to PA and the guitar out to amp return separately. The GP10 still rocks for those applications .

After another outdoor gig where I couldn't see my Helix LT screen (even with a shade over it) this may become my outdoor rig or even my main rig if I can configure it to satisfaction

Everything about yesterday's gig was fantastic except for the fact I couldn't see my LT screen.

View attachment 8240
These pedals transport me straight back to the turn of the century in how they look.

View attachment 8240
This is my OCD talking here, but any special reason the TC Helicon and power supply aren't swapped in location, so that you can get to the Helicon easier?

This is my OCD talking here, but any special reason the TC Helicon and power supply aren't swapped in location, so that you can get to the Helicon easier?

Yes. That TC is an always on unit and the XLR's won't be going across the pedalboard with it up there.

Look what the dog dragged in:

IMG_20230630_071220426.jpg

I got this for free from someone I knew 15 years ago, because he didn't understand and wouldn't ever use it.

Left to rot, stowed away at my parents' house, I remembered this last night and picked it up when I paid them a visit.

I did fire it up after some surface cleaning, and it works like it should. Not the best thing around, but I'm surprised some of the sounds and features are actually quite useful. I'll probably give it to our bass player, I'm sure he'll enjoy having that thing. ;)

Back