SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

Another Space Echo! šŸ˜­

(I fancy that Afterneath too)

7ihedk.jpg

tonex for amp, fm3 for fx and routing. FM3 is too big (tall) really for this though and it barely fits in the bag. Nobody seems to make an ideally sized but _flat_ board for this particular setup (~19 inches wide, but this slanted templeboard adds like 2.5 inches of height to the fm3)

PXL_20230416_073418171.jpg

tonex for amp, fm3 for fx and routing. FM3 is too big (tall) really for this though and it barely fits in the bag. Nobody seems to make an ideally sized but _flat_ board for this particular setup (~19 inches wide, but this slanted templeboard adds like 2.5 inches of height to the fm3)

View attachment 6542
IF you can't SEE the pedalboard, does it actually exist? :LOL:

That FM3 looks like it's levitating :LOL:

I've been using my FM9 in 4cm for the past several months as my whole board, but recently switched to this and am really loving it. I've had all the pedals for a long time, except the JHS and Stomp, which are new (but I've owned a Stomp before). Stomp is in my amp's loop and everything else is in front.

76D070B6-EE4F-4261-AE6B-7CC020AD75F6.jpeg

Here's mine today, dust, dirt, cat hairs and all.

For live, I could cope with just the OD, Dist and Fuzz on the bottom row, but there's nothing else I particularly want to put in the place of the OD-2 and I like it, so it's staying there for now. The black pedal's my DIY Rat.

PXL_20230605_125642662.jpg

Iā€™m mostly using a Helix Floor at this point, but put this together as an alternate to experiment with profiling tech and now it lives with my other guitarist and gets used whenever we run direct at rehearsal and shows - pretty much always now.
B81DA807-96D7-42CE-8893-43CDF80B095C.jpeg

This is a shot of my ridiculous pile of pedals as I was rotating things around trying to figure out which pedals worked best with which amps.

DE3EAFCA-BF67-41E9-9D20-B45F96689FCF.jpeg

Ultimate Iā€™ve landed with this as my minimal ā€œall analogā€ that Iā€™ll pair with my SFDR when I want the old school experience of tap dancing around on something that can cover the bare essentials.

78010273-D120-4B55-8AE9-93458CF87DFA.jpeg

Iā€™m mostly using a Helix Floor at this point, but put this together as an alternate to experiment with profiling tech and now it lives with my other guitarist and gets used whenever we run direct at rehearsal and shows - pretty much always now.
View attachment 7931

This is a great idea and an unbelievably powerful little rig youā€™ve built. I canā€™t tell, do you have MIDI hooked up from the HX to the ToneX? A nice all-in-one if you do.

This is a great idea and an unbelievably powerful little rig youā€™ve built. I canā€™t tell, do you have MIDI hooked up from the HX to the ToneX? A nice all-in-one if you do.
Thanks! This was really just stars aligning. The HXFX had been collecting dust since getting my Helix, then the Tonex pedal popped out right as I was starting to get into the idea of profilesā€¦and this just made sense. I have to say, Iā€™ve considered flip flopping with my other guitarist because the HXFX/Tonex pairing is so powerful.

The board is set up with MIDI connecting the units and the HXFX controlling Tonex, but not in that image. It works like a dream with the HXFX snapshots where I tend to set up a preset per song and use snapshots to toggle between verse/chorus/bridgeā€¦allows for swapping out Tonex captures seamlessly. Absolutely killer.

Back