SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

This is how my board is currently.
Also bought the Blackstar Amped 2 a week ago, primarily as a pedalboard amp, saves me taking my amp head with me to jams. Just plugs into my 2 x 12 cab. Plays well with my pedals, but also has on board effects, which actually stack well with my pedals if I'm feeling creative.
IMG_20230727_140747.jpg
IMG_20230805_145957.jpg

Mine seems to still make me so happy that, now that I've played several gigs and know about the (very little, actually) caveats, I'm thinking about building a finalized version. As in really finalized (so the only things I would ever flip around would be 1-2 drive pedals, which I think is perfectly within the realm of "finalized").
Quite amazing, never experienced that before.

Finished (for now).

I think it'd probably look more impressive if it had a red pedal. Is that a good enough reason to change things up?

What is red and could do the job of the black one below the Ventris? Low Gain Rat... And maybe if I replace the Korg tuner with a TU-3...? Is there a good and colourful tuner?

PXL_20230805_233929112.MP.jpg

Finished (for now).

I think it'd probably look more impressive if it had a red pedal. Is that a good enough reason to change things up?

What is red and could do the job of the black one below the Ventris? Low Gain Rat... And maybe if I replace the Korg tuner with a TU-3...? Is there a good and colourful tuner?

View attachment 9629

Tsk. Why replace anything?
View attachment 9632
@Cirrus
I dare you to paint that SDD-3000 red.

:stirthepot

This is how my board is currently.
Also bought the Blackstar Amped 2 a week ago, primarily as a pedalboard amp, saves me taking my amp head with me to jams. Just plugs into my 2 x 12 cab. Plays well with my pedals, but also has on board effects, which actually stack well with my pedals if I'm feeling creative. View attachment 9624View attachment 9625
Glad the Amped 2 is working out for you. I was very close to getting one, but decided on the Helix.

Glad the Amped 2 is working out for you. I was very close to getting one, but decided on the Helix.
I nearly got the Amped 1, but after trying an Amped 2 in the shop I was impressed enough to go for it.
It won't replace my head /cab set up, but it's a useful peice of kit to have. Great sounds, and ultra portable.

This has stayed the same for a few rehearsals now. If it sounds as good at my gig on friday as it did in rehearsal it'll probably stay like this for a while. I would like some extra switches for the stomp though so might look at a midi controller or adding HX effects instead of the stomp, I'm running it in 4cm into my jvm so not using the amp modelling.

PXL_20230814_215354642~2.jpg

This has stayed the same for a few rehearsals now. If it sounds as good at my gig on friday as it did in rehearsal it'll probably stay like this for a while. I would like some extra switches for the stomp though so might look at a midi controller or adding HX effects instead of the stomp, I'm running it in 4cm into my jvm so not using the amp modelling.

View attachment 9894
Consider Jet Micro HX for the stomp. It kinda sets the stomp free in a way. Basically straight out the box it will let you change snapshots, bank presets, and assign three “stuff” with the three switches. Most of that stuff is not changeable so it is what it is, but if you accept that, it’s a great little tool.

On the minus side though: it is very small and those three switches are very close to each other, the middle one being slightly taller. For home use I had no problems with it, but for gigging you’d have to practice it’s operations to be sure.

On the minus side though: it is very small and those three switches are very close to each other, the middle one being slightly taller. For home use I had no problems with it, but for gigging you’d have to practice it’s operations to be sure.

I got a Jet Micro along with my Stomp and while the idea is excellent, while it works great in a way, for me it's completely useless live for those very reasons. It's just too tiny.

Consider Jet Micro HX for the stomp. It kinda sets the stomp free in a way. Basically straight out the box it will let you change snapshots, bank presets, and assign three “stuff” with the three switches. Most of that stuff is not changeable so it is what it is, but if you accept that, it’s a great little tool.

It looks cool but I'd definitely struggle to use that live with my feet, plus I'd like more than three switches.

I've been looking at the Paint Audio Midi Captain I saw in a different thread on here.

If it hasn't been done already, what about an app that allows you to virtually set up a pedalboard? With cable connectors and power supplies accurately modeled, so you'd know just how much space you'd need?

If it hasn't been done already, what about an app that allows you to virtually set up a pedalboard? With cable connectors and power supplies accurately modeled, so you'd know just how much space you'd need?
Would be awesome to have one with that much attention to detail - connectors, PSU, etc.

As of now, the "usual suspects" (PT app and Pedal Playground, for example) are rather simple, and while fun, can yield issues further down the road, due to that.

I've been wanting to add some features like clone, group etc to Pedalplayground but until they update their 3rd party dependencies it just refuses to run in a dev environment on my system and I don't have the will to deal with that.

I don't think adding virtual cabling helps that much (and is somewhat complex to implement), but adding a set of common plug types would work well enough to help figure out how much extra space pedals need around them.

I have used Pedalplayground extensive to figure out my pedalboards and even with some issues with connector spacing, it has worked really well for just planning it.

I've played on both of those websites/apps quite a bit, you guys can't just allow for cable spacing?

I guess if you're going for really tight fits, you can't, eh?

I've played on both of those websites/apps quite a bit, you guys can't just allow for cable spacing?

I guess if you're going for really tight fits, you can't, eh?
You need to kinda develop a feel for how much space your cables are going to need, but it's difficult to perfectly anticipate if you are making a tight fit board.

The thing I really hate is when it fits, but only if a pedal is out of line higher or lower than the others because the idiot designers didn't cross reference with the makers of whatever random pedals you want to put either side of it to make sure the ins and outs weren't going to be exactly opposite their respective outs and ins.

Boss pedals are good for this because their jack sockets tend to be higher than most other pedals, so the metal jack cases can overlap vertically.

Back