SHOW OFF YOUR MUSIC SPACE?

Dayum Kurdt’…
-you STILL smell like teen spirit man…

Attachments

• 0025EB67-AE57-4C31-B7E9-6AF7922BD6D5.jpeg
    0025EB67-AE57-4C31-B7E9-6AF7922BD6D5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
I apologize for the mess. We moved to a house without an extra room to be my play space. So I minimized as much as I can to fit in a closet. I sold everything and opted using software for everything. I don't gig anymore, but I kept an "FRFR" cab and a midi pedal for just in case.

I apologize for the mess. We moved to a house without an extra room to be my play space. So I minimized as much as I can to fit in a closet. I sold everything and opted using software for everything. I don't gig anymore, but I kept an "FRFR" cab and a midi pedal for just in case.

This is a nice cozy setup. I like that you can just close it and it's mostly put away. I feel like I need this just to keep my youngest away from my gear

Is that a par light set up or? Looks cool dude!

Thanks! It’s actually these-

T-SUN Led Flood Light,10W RGB Color Changing Waterproof Security Lights, with US Plug, Super Bright Remote Control Outdoor Spotlight, for Garden, Yard, Warehouse Sidewalk,Backyard, Garage (5 Pack) https://a.co/d/54KJOrj

I have them stashed all over my apartment, they’re pretty small and fit into corners well!

My office/home space was a disaster so I pulled everything out and am putting it back together. I like this setup better as there's a lot more space and it feels less cramped. Although it does feel like there's a lot of empty space now.

I'm not 100% sure I want to put my e-drums back in the room. They take up a lot of space. My kids really want to play them more so I may move them out into the main basement area.

But the room has a ton of echo now so it may be time to finally do some acoustic treatment. I have perfect space for a couple bigger bass traps in the corners behind my desk, and I need a few larger wall panels as well. So doing some research now.

Also I need to clean up the walls and repaint. My wife didn't really do a great job when it was her space and then we had a flooding issue where a wall needs to be patched up. Might be a good winter project...

Any thoughts or ideas?

53196725639_671c8a8537_b.jpg

53196725644_2601f2609c_b.jpg

Oh yeah a couple other things,

I need to get some kind of light in front of me, because I do a lot of video calls for work. I'll probably get a relatively inexpensive LED that can be hooked up to Alexa.

Also, with those video calls I want to spread my guitars out across the room so it doesn't look like I'm broadcasting from a Guitar Center. Having a couple guitars in the background is cool...having a pile of instruments and shit in the background is not.

I really wish I could get a nice rug but my stupid cat peed all over the cheap rug I used to have (and all the other carpet in the basement) so it's only hard floors. Another reason to treat the walls.

Do you really need wall treatment if recording direct / digital? I mean i would if you had room mics and stuff but if not I don't see the issue?

Do you really need wall treatment if recording direct / digital? I mean i would if you had room mics and stuff but if not I don't see the issue?

You have to be able to listen back to your mix without room nodes interfering too much with a poor, inaccurate frequency response.

I did something recently I thought I would never do and that was mixing entire song in headphones. I was using room and speaker emulation.

But I still missed everything under 75 Hertz.

My office/home space was a disaster so I pulled everything out and am putting it back together. I like this setup better as there's a lot more space and it feels less cramped. Although it does feel like there's a lot of empty space now.

I'm not 100% sure I want to put my e-drums back in the room. They take up a lot of space. My kids really want to play them more so I may move them out into the main basement area.

But the room has a ton of echo now so it may be time to finally do some acoustic treatment. I have perfect space for a couple bigger bass traps in the corners behind my desk, and I need a few larger wall panels as well. So doing some research now.

Also I need to clean up the walls and repaint. My wife didn't really do a great job when it was her space and then we had a flooding issue where a wall needs to be patched up. Might be a good winter project...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Teal needs to go, go with the beige/tan from the other wall - sort of looks like a Sherman Williams color named Wise Owl - I was tired of painting nearly 20 years ago.

Sound treatment and maybe a few pictures or more instruments on the wall to take up the blank space.

Other than that, nice space.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Wow really awesome room, like some have said room treatments Thicker darker curtains, a nice power conditioner
And my OCD would say make those wires nice and neat with some cable management
:D

Back