SHOW OFF YOUR MUSIC SPACE?

Super jealous of the guys running big monitors. Maybe I just need to man up and pull the desk off the wall a bit and get some big suckers up there.

Super jealous of the guys running big monitors. Maybe I just need to man up and pull the desk off the wall a bit and get some big suckers up there.

IMG_0710.jpeg

I’ve gotten very comfortable with all the screen real estate … highly recommend

So… Obvious question… How big?

high fidelity 90s GIF

I know that for reference, speaker size is relative to the distance/volume you listen at. Kind of like screens, a 6 inch phone at a foot away may be like a 65 inch TV from 15 feet. From that perspective, the 4 inch Genelec monitors make sense, they are plenty loud and fairly flat down to where the room starts messing up the low end anyway.

But from a guitar standpoint, I keep thinking a pair of 6-7 inch monitors would be much better.

I know that for reference, speaker size is relative to the distance/volume you listen at. Kind of like screens, a 6 inch phone at a foot away may be like a 65 inch TV from 15 feet. From that perspective, the 4 inch Genelec monitors make sense, they are plenty loud and fairly flat down to where the room starts messing up the low end anyway.

But from a guitar standpoint, I keep thinking a pair of 6-7 inch monitors would be much better.

I ended up selling settling on Yamaha HS8s as Cliff Chase mentioned that he thought they were pretty good for the price point.

I agree.

I ended up selling settling on Yamaha HS8s as Cliff Chase mentioned that he thought they were pretty good for the price point.

I agree.

I tested all the monitors at GC one day and loved the Genelecs with the Yamahas at second place. So when it came time to splurge I went Genelec. But if I had the space and cash I would get Yamaha HS7s. The 5s are too small and bright but the 7s and 8s sound great.

We've had these old half broken chairs in our backyard for a while - they came with the dining room table that we use. Instead of tossing a few out I decided to turn them into little stands for my amps.
20230812_132608.jpg

20230812_132622.jpg

20230812_171616.jpg

One of them I cut shallow and reattached the back legs for the Katana combo at a slight tilt back angle.

DIY or die!

Back