SHOW OFF YOUR MUSIC SPACE?

My little man cave. Or - as my wife calls it - the stinking puma cage. :bag

IMG_0495.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a nice setup in what is now my son's room. He needed a bigger room and my youngest daughter needed a room so we did some room swapping. Acoustic treatment, plenty of room for my gear. I brought the cable snake out into the living room if I wanted more space for recording drums:
FyXecoUC8q04MPFOfcHi_w86dq0ylMNYWumxfe7yhpxQSbD27578fLkaEfb18BnEhZU=w2400

Now my stuff is set up in the master bedroom, sans acoustic treatment (I shoved it all behind that wall with the Fender amp which is now my son's room - above). My clothes used to be in that closet (below) on the left but now my side is full of gear.

20230128_145643.jpg

View attachment 4069

The new Puter - with a monitor and a new keyboard controller into the situation.

Slow progress…

View attachment 4077
I see you are also struggling with "where the hell do I put this Axe-Fx 3!" I had mine for like half a year sideways in a rack case under my desk but now have it on a side desk with my Hydrasynth Explorer on top.

Also nice to see that at least someone else likes a nice display. I'm planning to buy the behemoth 57" 7680x2160 superultrawide Samsung announced at CES a few weeks ago. Until then it's this weirdo 28" 4K + 16" Macbook Pro + 12.9" iPad Pro stacked setup.

My music space is also my work space and our main entry in and out of our house so I went vertical. I don't have any of my combo amps out, only keep 1 cab out at a time and no more than 3 guitars out at a time. We already know what house we are going into next and I will have a dedicated space there but it's not possible here.

KsF1sl4.jpg

I have the rack connected with enough extra cable length to roll out to the edge of my desk and turn 90 deg so I can tweak settings in the MPX-1, use a tube preamp or run a head through it.

J0VHk50.jpg

I have a couple of unique amps on the top shelf that are fun to record with too. This converted '47 Maso tube PA has an early tweed voice straight in or tightens up and has a Bassman vibe when boosted.

xQ8R0uK.jpg

Not a lot of space but this helps it work for now.

Last edited:
Back