SHOW OFF YOUR MUSIC SPACE?

Just finished the latest incarnation. This is maybe 1/3 the amount of gear I moved to LA with.
DI_Studio.jpg

Big proponent of analog summing. 24 outs from Lynx to 2-BUS+ and D-BOX+ means way less gain staging and worrying about clipping outputs. Can instantly toggle between Logic, everything in the Mac but Logic (for A/Bing against reference tracks), Bluetooth from my phone from my work desk across the room, and AES/EBU for routing Helix Rack directly to the Focals. One button inserts the SSL G Comp (Logic source only) but I generally leave it on all the time.
DI_StudioRack.jpg

The JP-8080 is used for literally one custom preset (but I use it everywhere). Would love a RolandCloud version so I can get 6 rackspaces back.
DI_StudioSynths.jpg

EDIT: Here's how it's all hooked up:
DI_StudioHookup.jpg

Last edited:
I envy you guys that have enough room for a drum kit. Not that I can play drums, I just need a bigger room, lol.

I remember seeing the top pic before, I just had the same reaction to it where I can’t stand up from behind my desk for a couple minutes. My always immediately dart to the Fuzz Faces and A) makes me want to buy more Fuzz Faces and B) put them on a shelf to look all cool instead of tripping on them when they’re laying on the floor, not plugged in and surrounded by 10 other not-plugged-in-pedals. :ROFLMAO:

Just finished the latest incarnation. This is maybe 1/3 the amount of gear I moved to LA with.
View attachment 4122

Big proponent of analog summing. 24 outs from Lynx to 2-BUS+ and D-BOX+ means way less gain staging and worrying about clipping outputs. Can instantly toggle between Logic, everything in the Mac but Logic (for A/Bing against reference tracks), Bluetooth from my phone from my work desk across the room, and AES/EBU for routing Helix Rack directly to the Focals. One button inserts the SSL G Comp (Logic source only) but I generally leave it on all the time.
View attachment 4123

The JP-8080 is used for literally one custom preset (but I use it everywhere). Would love a RolandCloud version so I can get 6 rackspaces back.
View attachment 4124

MOTHER OF GAWD

:satan

View attachment 4122

View attachment 4123

View attachment 4124

EDIT: Here's how it's all hooked up:
View attachment 4125

Cool, another JP-8080 and MatrixBrute owner (y)

I turned one of our spare bedrooms into my lil project studio.

The room has o/c 703 in multiple places and is quite dead, which I like.
The closet is full of my old pedals and different guitars/basses, but as you can see... I'm a utilitarian/minimalist at heart and like to keep my workflow fast and simple.

The Makie passive big knob on the desk lets me easily switch between the helix or arturia 8pre as my interface depending on what I'm tracking.

There is a DB25 panel behind the desk that connects to the room behind so I can track a kit or whatever as well as 2 separate TRS plugs for headphone mixes or whatever.

Also a couch on the opposite wall and I can have about 4-5 people comfortably in the room before it starts to get crowded.

This is my happy place.

31GQq81.jpeg

upgraded to an ultrawide a while back as well...

aCwScxt.jpeg
Love your desk! Very similar to mine. I purchased it (!!!) a little over 30 years ago, and before now I'd never seen another one like it.

Messier than usual today, but:

Moved the drums out. As fun as they are they take up more space than I have time to play them.

20230205_082602.jpg

Also moved some stuff around, making space for my incoming 2x12 cab. Programmed the MIDI Commander to handle simple transport controls and commands in Reaper - Play, Pause, Stop, Record, undo, skip forward, end of project, beginning of project.

Seriously, it seems like the most significant life-changing effect of TGF has been on our collective lighting solutions via the Drewdawg haha!

In addition to the Drewish faux candles I bought a few weeks ago, I now have a cheap-ass (but effective) Aurora / Laser projector.

DA VIBES!!!

Back