Show me your PRSi

I didn't want to like your post, I am biased and believe everyone needs a Tele. However, I cannot argue with this logic, I get it.

Hope the 2 new PRS are not abusive and bring out the best in you. :LOL:

I am 1000% certain I will have another tele again, that one just wasn't the right fit for me, and after constant battles with it and trying to force it to be "right" for 3 years I got fed up lol.

I want to get another 2010's era American Deluxe. The one I used to have was one of my favorite guitars ever and one of my biggest regrets selling. I know the 6 saddles = "note a tru tele" but that can always be swapped :cop

For now though, I'm satisfied in PRS obsession land :LOL:

Family shot...
qqNHny3l.jpg

Did some mods to the Silver Sky to get it close to the prototype Mayer used in the last Dead and Company tour. Alembic Blaster and Mannmade string tree.
M5GzJR2l.jpg

WUX7zzPl.jpg

Joined a Dead tribute, all excited to get my Mayer face goin. Aaaaand I'm the Bobby. :facepalm

That silver sky is :chefI bet the alembic sounds glorious in there. And the dead tribute sounds awesome :D

I do love it, it's hard to put down. The Blaster is definitely a cool thing to have for the Dead stuff (always on), but also with my original band, its nice to flip the blaster on for leads and riffs, then switch it off for rhythm and comping. The tribute is the most fun I've had in years. I've got a pretty good chord vocabulary, and I'm working on the octaves and slides Bobby uses; playing my 330 into my Bandmaster, Boogie Mark IV, or Pro Reverb. I'm not a good vocalist but trying my best to channel that 80s coked up Bobby energy. :LOL:

I am 1000% certain I will have another tele again, that one just wasn't the right fit for me, and after constant battles with it and trying to force it to be "right" for 3 years I got fed up lol.

I want to get another 2010's era American Deluxe. The one I used to have was one of my favorite guitars ever and one of my biggest regrets selling. I know the 6 saddles = "note a tru tele" but that can always be swapped :cop

For now though, I'm satisfied in PRS obsession land :LOL:
Have you tried the PRS "tele"?

Have you tried the PRS "tele"?

I have not, but I can't lie I think they're kinda hideous lol. The look of the white NF53 has grown on me, but not being totally sold on the looks + the $2900 price tag makes it seem like an unlikely future purchase for me.

I have no doubt they play and sound excellent though

"I've never done LSD" - John Mayer

Suuure ya haven't buddy :rofl

I played a gig on Ecstasy once. The singer and I thought it was the greatest gig we've ever played.

We were then rightfully confused to come off stage and our friends asked "what the fuck were you doing?", "what the shit were those weird improv bits about?". It also turns out I forgot to tune down to drop d for one of the songs and attempted to play it in standard then blamed the sound guy for it sounding weird. :columbo

Here is my most recently acquired guitar. A PRS SE Hollowbody II. This guitar did not let me down and after some adjustments to the intonation and pickup heights I am very pleased with the feel and tonal response of this guitar for my playing, especially for something in this price range. I was a long time Gibson electric player but recently I'm really feeling the 25" scale length is for me. Perhaps someday with more money I will be able to climb up the PRS ladder a bit more. For now, I'm quite happy and impressed with this 'Student Edition' guitar.

:rawk

Here is my most recently acquired guitar. A PRS SE Hollowbody II. This guitar did not let me down and after some adjustments to the intonation and pickup heights I am very pleased with the feel and tonal response of this guitar for my playing, especially for something in this price range. I was a long time Gibson electric player but recently I'm really feeling the 25" scale length is for me. Perhaps someday with more money I will be able to climb up the PRS ladder a bit more. For now, I'm quite happy and impressed with this 'Student Edition' guitar.

:rawk

My HBII has been my daily player for the past 3 years! I did use my PS CU24 on the latest album though!! Love those PRS HB's though, largely because I can wear it for many hours with zero side effects!!! Yours is a lovely specimen ;~))

Back