Should I keep it?

Should I keep the TMP?

• Yes. Ride the storm out.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • No. Buy a loadbox for the semi-hobbled Badlander and STFU

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters
I just can’t recall anyone else caring so much about it, prior to the TMP. Suddenly everyone just has to have it and loves it deeply. :grin
Yup First I hear of it, as for a Must have Hmm not in my camp doubt ill ever use one Not into surf or country or whatever other genre uses it :idk

I just can’t recall anyone else caring so much about it, prior to the TMP. Suddenly everyone just has to have it and loves it deeply. :grin
I certainly don't recall ever hearing any criticism about the Fractal's spring reverbs - Helix, yes, but that went away with the Hot Springs model.

Personally, when it comes to reverb, plate and room/hall are the ones I gravitate to anyway.

Last edited:
Drip...new Buzz word of the week :idk
When Listening to the Demos sounds more like a spring which makes a boing sound in a metallic chamber

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

I swear drip has been used to describe spring reverb for some time now
what about moist?

I certainly don't recall ever hearing any criticism about the Fractal's spring reverbs - Helix, yes, but that went away with the Hot Springs model.

Personally, when it comes to reverb, plate and room/hall are the ones I gravitate to anyway.

I’ve had complaints about the Fractal spring reverbs ever since the first time I played one. I just chalked it up to “all digital multi effects devices have terrible spring reverb”.

But for me the two types of reverb I use and care about are spring and the big ambient cloud types.

I’ve had complaints about the Fractal spring reverbs ever since the first time I played one. I just chalked it up to “all digital multi effects devices have terrible spring reverb”.

But for me the two types of reverb I use and care about are spring and the big ambient cloud types.
The more important question:

Are you keeping it?

It surprises me that Fractal's springs could be that bad before the updates? I mean, I know people poo poo on digital reverbs like the TC HoF spring for example, but I still can get a really nice approximation with mine. I have A/B'd it with my twin reverb and it's close enough where you're splitting hairs, especially in the context of a band or song recording. Subtle changes make a difference. If you want full on fender style surf, then that's more a challenge I suppose.

It surprises me that Fractal's springs could be that bad before the updates? I mean, I know people poo poo on digital reverbs like the TC HoF spring for example, but I still can get a really nice approximation with mine. I have A/B'd it with my twin reverb and it's close enough where you're splitting hairs, especially in the context of a band or song recording. Subtle changes make a difference. If you want full on fender style surf, then that's more a challenge I suppose.

They weren’t “bad” per se, they were simply at the same level of “average” as most of the other digital offerings.

You just haven’t been paying attention, helix users complained loudly for a long time about the 63 spring model. Hot springs brought the noise down to a dull roar, it’s better but still not exactly amazing IMO.

I’m not a surf guy but I do love a great spring reverb.

D

You just haven’t been paying attention, helix users complained loudly for a long time about the 63 spring model. Hot springs brought the noise down to a dull roar, it’s better but still not exactly amazing IMO.

I’m not a surf guy but I do love a great spring reverb.

D

I do remember that, but the whole “does it drip” thing seems more recent?

But you’re right, I’m not a reverb enthusiast and overall prefer the real one on my Mesa, so I haven’t always been following it.

However, commenting as a casual observer, it definitely seems like suddenly everyone’s a drip connoisseur.

baking season 5 GIF by PBS

I do remember that, but the whole “does it drip” thing seems more recent?

But you’re right, I’m not a reverb enthusiast and overall prefer the real one on my Mesa, so I haven’t always been following it.

However, commenting as a casual observer, it definitely seems like suddenly everyone’s a drip connoisseur.

baking season 5 GIF by PBS

Personally, I generally turn the drip down when I can. If you have none of it or not enough, the tank doesn’t sound right. I basically want just enough so that it sounds right but not enough that I notice it. I’m more interested in the main sound of the spring reverb tail (which very few devices get right or even very close).

I think more people talk about drip now than used to because more people are aware of it now. It used to be something that only surf connoisseurs talked about. 60 cycle hums YouTube channel getting pretty big probably has a lot to do with that…

D

Back