Should I get a ToneX pedal?

Should I get one?

• YES

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • NO

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
I ordered one, then realized I'm a couple weeks away from closing on a house and a $399 purchase could jeopardize my "clear to close" status, so I canceled it. But I'm re-ordering as soon as I'm in the clear. Can't beat it for the price.

The one thing we've learned in this thread is that 3/4 of the people voting hate you @metropolis_4 - unless you can think of another reason why they'd want to inflict a ToneX on you...

Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

That's assuming the people who voted are trusted and reputable sources. :idk

I'm happy with mine - and this is coming from someone using Fractal stuff since 2007. Also I don't capture amps and have no desire to do so.

I don't browse more than 10 minutes in ToneNet and find a suitable excellent capture - so no idea why people are throwing the "you'll spend hours trying to find a suitable tone" - nah hogwash - 10-15 mins you'll find something quite good.

I'm happy with mine - and this is coming from someone using Fractal stuff since 2007. Also I don't capture amps and have no desire to do so.

I don't browse more than 10 minutes in ToneNet and find a suitable excellent capture - so no idea why people are throwing the "you'll spend hours trying to find a suitable tone" - nah hogwash - 10-15 mins you'll find something quite good.

How many captures are up there? Wait until every dork and their cousin Eddie uploads all their crappy captures.

How many captures are up there? Wait until every dork and their cousin Eddie uploads all their crappy captures.
There are a good amount up there imo. Most sound good. I've learned to avoid certain uploaders lol I still appreciate their efforts tho

Maybe - but that's not reality today from my perspective.

Honestly I was expecting it to be as useful as AxeChange (i.e. not that great) but I've been positively surprised so far. Which is good as I haven't liked much of the built in IK captures.

I (finally) tried tone x software yesterday . Just curious. (The demo so) without the users capture. Globally it is “ok”. But they are 2 things that are really missing imo: a delay and od as boost .
But for the rest yeah It works. Let’s say that it is just a beginning. But if one day they start to implement more effects and this and that, I’ll be more interested. At the moment it is a non buy for me as I already own tons of stuff and As it is, it don’t cover my basic needs.

But if you want to use it as an “amp tone” and doesn’t care to have external fx why not.

We will see if they will update it and implement new stuff 🤷.

But sound wise I agree, that’s not worst than a kemper, so nice start Italian friends ☺️🇮🇹. Kick their asses a little bit 😂

You can level the same complaint at the Kemper Rig Exchange, but ToneX, like the Kemper, isn't solely reliant on the website for captures.

Back