Should I get a ToneX pedal?

Should I get one?

• YES

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • NO

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Too many threads to dig through, and I trust your opinions more than YouTube videos.

What do you think?

I realized the flaw in my rig plan is that I have nothing to play electric guitar through at home for months at a time. Thought I’d be OK with that, but turns out I’m not.

I just want really good responsive amp tones that feel good to play. And I want an audio interface so I can start participating in the weekly challenges again!

How are the amps compared to Kemper?

The main tones I’d be looking for:
  • Blackface Jazz tones
  • Jangly Vox Country tones
  • Marshall old school metal tones
It might give you a smaller footprint option than your Kemper, and a little more up to date.

What other FX system/pedals do you plan on running it with?

I wanted it to add into my Helix Floor, gives me the option of captures without spending 3.5-4x times more and I have the FX and more routing capabilities than I'd probably ever use.

I enjoy it, it sounds and feels good. Software is being improved, at least 4 revs in already since release date and that includes Firmware updates.

I think you should wait 6 months, until they start showing up in droves on Reverb, because people got tired of sifting through the shitpiles of crap captures to find good ones.
Usually not a bad idea. You can try the free software for now and wait for a bit. They sound/feel the same IMO.

There are probably a few other UI/Feature requests coming in the pipeline, as IK has been pretty responsive to user input since release.

There are a lot of good captures out there, personal preferences aside/YMMV and all that.

There are many good captures of the Meat/Potatoes type of tones the OP is looking for.

Serious question: if I want to download Live Ready Sound’s captures on my iPad, from my iPad, right now, how do I do that? I can’t find them in the app, and I can find them in the Tone.net, but then can’t figure out how to download the capture.

Serious question: if I want to download Live Ready Sound’s captures on my iPad, from my iPad, right now, how do I do that? I can’t find them in the app, and I can find them in the Tone.net, but then can’t figure out how to download the capture.
I’m not sure because I haven’t tried it but
  • Select ToneNET by tapping the ToneNET button at the top right.
  • Use the search facility to find his captures in ToneNET. (This works)
  • Select a capture by tapping on it. That loads the capture. (This works)
  • At the top left of the ToneNET pane there’s a ‘Download’ button. Select it and I’d think that would do the trick.
* I just tried it and it works.

Last edited:
The download button doubles as save. It's the folder with the down arrow just to the right of the word presets, lower left area of the app.

The download button doubles as save. It's the folder with the down arrow just to the right of the word presets, lower left area of the app.
If I understand correctly that creates the preset which you are saying also serves as a shortcut to download the Tone Model. And you can create multiple presets from the same Tone Model. And the thing that is downloaded to the pedal is a preset.

I’ll bet my right ball that there is already an update for the iOS app in queue. Apple just takes a lot longer to push updates than developers are able to do for desktop apps due to their verification process.

I’ll bet my right ball that there is already an update for the iOS app in queue. Apple just takes a lot longer to push updates than developers are able to do for desktop apps due to their verification process.
For an already approved app receiving an update it usually takes like a day for Apple to approve it in my experience so it's not a major factor in desktop vs mobile versions. Same for Google.

And it has dropped.

The one thing we've learned in this thread is that 3/4 of the people voting hate you @metropolis_4 - unless you can think of another reason why they'd want to inflict a ToneX on you...

Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

Back