Should I get a ToneX pedal?

Should I get one?

• YES

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • NO

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Dumb question, but isn’t a computer required if you want to browse / edit / load tones onto the ToneX Pedal?

Dumb question, but isn’t a computer required if you want to browse / edit / load tones onto the ToneX Pedal?

I have a computer capable of doing that.

It’s just an ancient MacBook that isn’t capable of running a DAW or audio processing apps anymore.

For the past 10 years I’ve always had a company provided MacBook that I’ve been able to use for music but my current employer just changed their usage policy to not allow this anymore.

So looks like it’s time to invest in a new laptop… or a new company

Imo it's a different device than the FM3 in terms of what is being accomplished. But yes, totally get what you mean

Does it not make the guitar sounds and stuff?? :idk

I don't get nearly as precious as some with the delineations. You plug your guitar in cause it makes the sounds.
You get the sounds. You're happy. If you're lucky.

If you're not happy with the sounds, then you may go on Gear Forums, and wonder if other people with other
devices making the finest of fine grain distinctions about what a thing actually is, and how it gets the sounds, and
if that thing and how it makes the sounds might sound better than the thing you have, or wish you had.

Yadda.... yadda.... yadda.

Might read like nonsense.... because it mostly is!! :LOL:

Does it not make the guitar sounds and stuff?? :idk

I don't get nearly as precious as some with the delineations. You plug your guitar in cause it makes the sounds.
You get the sounds. You're happy. If you're lucky.

If you're not happy with the sounds, then you may go on Gear Forums, and wonder if other people with other
devices making the finest of fine grain distinctions about what a thing actually is, and how it gets the sounds, and
if that thing and how it makes the sounds might sound better than the thing you have, or wish you had.

Yadda.... yadda.... yadda.

Might read like nonsense.... because it mostly is!! :LOL:
I mean sure it does. However with that being said I might as well go buy the $40 busted crate amp on my local listings as it makes guitar sounds lol

I know I'm being extreme and I do get what your saying but the core idea of how a Capture/Profiling Device and a Modeler go about getting the said guitar tones are completely different. If someone is buying blind and doesn't understand that, they may be more likely to be upset when the modeler "doesn't sound like my amp at exact settings" or that the capture device's parameters "don't react the same as the real amp"

It's simple to try. Just run the Tonex plugin on your audio interface and determine if that works for you.

I have a computer capable of doing that.

It’s just an ancient MacBook that isn’t capable of running a DAW or audio processing apps anymore.

For the past 10 years I’ve always had a company provided MacBook that I’ve been able to use for music but my current employer just changed their usage policy to not allow this anymore.

So looks like it’s time to invest in a new laptop… or a new company
ToneX requires Big Sur minimum.. so going forward there will be less and less macs supported.

I think you should wait 6 months, until they start showing up in droves on Reverb, because people got tired of sifting through the shitpiles of crap captures to find good ones.
Imo tone x user captures are much better than what I've found on the neural cloud or rig exchange. I don't think this product is going anywhere

Imo tone x user captures are much better than what I've found on the neural cloud or rig exchange. I don't think this product is going anywhere
I wouldn’t know, because I didn’t like the Kemper enough to buy one, and I’d never give NDSP a red cent, because they’re a shady f^cking company. :D
But I’ll take your word for it, since you’re more adventurous than I.

Don’t get me wrong; I think it’s a killer product, I love the tones I get from the pro captures from LRS and a few others. There’s just by nature of the product going to be a lot of poop on there too.

Credit to one guy, who captured their Mark V:25 With OG built-in CabClone: yup, it sounds exactly shitty in the same way as the real amp! LOL

Back